• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

IDAHO SUMMER DYNO DAY #32, Meridian Id @ Motor Mayhem August 4 2012

Yeah, slacker, we waited for you to show up to go have us some drinks. In fact we waited so long that we desided to just go have steak instead.:rof:

Just hacking on you. But we did miss you there.

The next one IIRC is set for november. I'll post it up here when it's in stone. Next up is a camp and shoot in a week and a half.

will be returning for corn harvest, so we will see how it works out. the combine and crop is the decision maker, not me! :)

I hope you guys werent counting on me to come, if so, I am sorry.

No we were not. Just were hoping you made it. This is dodge country so every GM or GM 6.5 we get at the dyno events is fun. If you make it, you make it. The wallet is the most important factor.

any updates on the date? should be headed out tomorrow!

I will need to choose between the 91 GMC, 93 Chevy, or 95 GMC. the 95 GMC is the more impressive power wise, but least impressive paint wise, got the flakes real bad. the 93 and 91 are easy on the eyes, but arent quite the powerhouses. All this is still considering if the harvest will allow for it. Pray for rain for just that ONE day, cause we dont want it any other day! :)

any updates on the date? should be headed out tomorrow!

I will need to choose between the 91 GMC, 93 Chevy, or 95 GMC. the 95 GMC is the more impressive power wise, but least impressive paint wise, got the flakes real bad. the 93 and 91 are easy on the eyes, but arent quite the powerhouses. All this is still considering if the harvest will allow for it. Pray for rain for just that ONE day, cause we dont want it any other day! :)

Corn, sugar beets, 3rd cutting of alfalfa, I think some of the mint fields are still being worked on. Still seeing an onion truck once in awhile. Have to admit even though I'm deathly allergic to the crap, I do love the initial smell of a fresh cut alfalfa field. Then my allergies and asthma kick in and it's not so nice :D . It's been about 20 years since I last lived in southern Idaho. I forgot how diverse the crop fields are around here. North Idaho just seems like nothing but wheat and garbs, plus it's all dry farm. My wife has never lived anywhere but N. Idaho, she's still getting use to seeing canals full of water and flood irrigation. Had to explain how they moved the water lines after she asked why they had big wheels on them, and what's the one set of wheels with the big box around it.

So TT are you part of that club of koolaide drinkers too?:rof: I'm one of the mods for the GM section of the site.

There is another one on the 11th of Nov. I had forgot where I posted this one and forgot about it. Trying to find work now that i'm out of school has taken the front seat in life. I won't be making this dyno day but if you find your self needing the use of a bed closer then you are more than welcome.

if trouttrooper shows up, the 496 will need to rumble the rollers. :) it will make us all look bad, but he will win the naturally aspirated class hands down! :D

unfortunately it's a completely stock setup. I've never had the guts or the extra cash to put a tune in :eek: Have to admit though I'd be curious what the real numbers are compared to the advertised ratings.

Although I have to say I was getting on the interstate the other day, it was one of those short ramps with no merging lane at the end. Just the way the ramp curved into traffic there was a semi in my blind spot that I didn't see until the last second. Traffic was heavy behind him so the hammer went to the floor. Dayyyym, I was doing 78mph in nothing flat.....and produced a very nice sound under the hood too rumbling around 3800 rmp :cool:

My wife brought me back to reality.....wellllll there went half a tank of gas :rolleyes5: :rof:

Hmm, I could probably stop by if I remember to. What times are you planning on being there? Have to make sure the stranger with the gasser doesn't get run outta town :D

Go figure. There is always something else to be done. I for one won't be there. My tags are up and it won't pass Idaho emissions. Plus I have't worked in a week and no work this week to boot. Plus I don't feel like listening to all the koolaide drinkers talk about how the cummins is better than anything ever made.

Back