• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

IDAHO SUMMER DYNO DAY #32, Meridian Id @ Motor Mayhem August 4 2012

jhornsby3

Reaction score
Our 32'nd DYNO Day event @ Motor Mayhem
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attention Diesel Pickups: Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel, Ford Powerstroke, and IDI,
and Chevy Duramax/6.2/6.5 owners…

Announcing: Idaho Turbo Diesels 32'nd Diesel Pickup “Dyno Day”. IDAHO TURBO DIESELS has been putting together these dyno events at MOTOR MAYHEM since 2002.

Where: Motor Mayhem, Meridian, ID.

When: Saturday August 4th, 2012, 9:00 AM to ???

What: Here is an opportunity for diesel pickup owners to run their rigs on a DynoJet dynamometer to see what kind of power their rigs are actually putting to the ground. This event is open to all diesel owners. Trucks can be stock or modified (no studded tires, please).

Cost: Each session on the dyno at the ITD Dynoday is targeted for $50.00 for 3 runs which is a considerable discount off of the normal price for dyno runs. Cost for ITD MEMBERS to re-dyno later in the day is $30.00 for 3 runs.

A BOMB/Wrench party will be in progress throughout the day in the parking lot as well as socializing and fun.

You can dyno earlier and if you wish to make changes you can re-dyno again at a significant discount so you can see the results of your labours.

Details: This event is being coordinated by area Turbo Diesel owners (IDAHO TURBO DIESELS), and, as indicated, is open to all diesel pickups. The owner will receive a print-out of the results of the session. Each session should take about 20 minutes.

Event location:

MOTOR MAYHEM,
521 E. King St.
Meridian, ID 83642
887-2058

Directions: From the Meridian Exit on I-84, turn North toward Meridian; right (East) on E. Franklin Rd and go about ¼ mile; left (North) on E. 5th Ave. about 0.1 mile; right on King St. MM is on your right.

That would be cool. We just had a dyno event in Idaho Falls. This one is always good. If you want to come out and need a place to stay then let me know. I have room here in the 5er if you need it. Better than staying at a motel and spending all that hard earned cash.

Bring the TDI and run it on the dyno. Now that would be fun. Can be sure it runs between two high horse trucks.:thumbsup:

Never thought about running the TDI on the dyno. I've had it just over 3 months and am about to turn 7K miles on the odometer. As posted elsewhere, I may just might be able to make it to this year's event with the truck but it will not be ready (in my mind) for a hard dyno pull.
Thanks for the invite, it would be great to finally meet you. We'll see. You're also close enough to make it down to Bonneville too. I recommend a once in a life time visit in August with a whole lot of sun screen.
September is still hot and October is about right.
Have you been able to link up with Patrick (Walking J) yet? I used to have his office address downtown Boise but it melted down with the last phone failure.
Hope to see you in a few weeks.

Yeah I talked to him. I tried to get a KOJO chip from him back in Feb when I got my taxes back. He blew me off. He has blown off a couple of guys here localy that were wanting a ATT as well. We have all chose to deal with someone else and not spend our money with someone like that. Too bad for the guys with ATT and KOJO that they lost sales due to walking j and his responce to us buyers.

I'll be in school in august. Actualy it will be until october that I'll be in school. Nothing going on until that is done and I'm working again.

I also had a recent poor experience with walking j. Took 3+weeks to get ftb mod parts and very poor communication.

Patrick has had some bad issues with the family of late so his priorities are focused on the home front, where they should be.

I'll be recovering my truck as I need it and will swap the motors later when time allows. The current one is still hauling the mail albeit with a bit of a lope.
May be able to get to Boise and get a run on the rollers to at least see what's left of it...basis of comparison. We'll see.

Good deal. You'll be welcome there.

If he is having family issues then he needs to just say that he can't help folks at this time and provide info to where folks can get what they need. Not blow off potential customers of nopt just his but of the companies he is to represent. Or as the Japanese say, "saving face".

I was looking forward to being there! My daughter looked at me kind of funny when I suggested she ride the bus. Actually she had tears in her eyes because she thought I was serious. Guys have fun

I guess I'll have to give someone else a hard time then. We sure will miss you and the BOSS being there. I think I'm going to offer photos over at the speedway of trucks. Need to make some money somehow.:thumbsup::rof:

I am planing on coming up to the dyno. I will be leaving Friday night at 6:00 pm from Utah wants to come let me no. I will be running my 6.5 on the dyno. As far as I know it will be the first 6.5 with the HX40II to have a dyno sheet.

Looking forward to the results. Plus John is going to need some company. He's going to get a rash from the "C" crowd for twisting my mind. :)

shoot, I might bring the 95 up andd see if I can loose a tranny and or motor. 5th is the only gear that doesnt make noise, and she huffs hard on one hole, but it still runs like a scalded ape!

btw, I am down at Gooding ID for barley harvest. got the 91 GMC, 93 Chevy, and 95 GMC out here.

Come on over. We need to show those Koolaide drinkers that we are here and alive. That we can make a show of it too.:thumbsup:

If you want to come but not drive. You can ride with me. I will be in jerome @ 1am sat. Let me know if you would like a ride.

Jammin6.5 and Paveltoz were in attendance today at the dyno. It was great to see them and see them run on the dyno.

Jammin6.5 had his HX40II on his pick up and the numbers were not too impressive. But he could not get his TCC to lock up so he was not able to get a true reading. I'll let him tell the story.

Paveltoz has an impressive looking pick up. Those luvered panels look great in person. Again the TCC wouldn't lock upso no true readings. But impressive none the least.

Yeah, my truck is still pretty much all show but around 150hp and 300ft lbs tq on this motor with the tires, operator, and all the variables the rollers provide, it was just fun to do, the company was great and the price was right so why not.

It was an absolute pleasure to meet John and Ben yesterday and to see what they've done to their trucks and what their plans are. Then John's wife fed us a wonderful dinner, that when puppy tummy kicked in, wiped me out 50 miles from Boise.
He offered up his 5th wheel for the night but I didn't trust myself to make it 50 miles back... Again, thank you and your family for the hospitality, gun show, and friendship. Hope to return the favor soon.

Mid visit plan change and I figured I would follow Ben back as he was picking up a trailer outside Twin Falls that needed to be hauled to Salt Lake. Puppy Tummy changed that and as he makes the run almost daily I went to "Plan C (crash for the night) after his final words to the effect '[he] should be ok'. Noticed a text this morning that he lost a carrier bearing around 12:45 am only to find out just a few minutes ago that he actually almost sheared off all lugs on one axel. Fortuknately, his original back up plan worked and he's about home now. Not sure how I'm going to make up for this one....not like I could have hauled him and that 5th Wheel trailer with my truck but still.

If Ben didn't have problems then i would get worried. At least he's ok. He'll get that fixed quick and be back on the road.

Back