• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I think I need a new BCM.

truckie481

Dagum
Reaction score
I think I have a BCM or a DDM issue. My drivers door is dead, the only thing that still works is the drivers side mirror. The passengers mirror, all windows and locks do not work from the drivers door, I checked the fuses and circuit breaker. How do i check the BCM and /or DDM and if it is one of these two modules how much is it going to cost me? I know you have to reprogram a BCM if its changed do you also have to program a DDM? Thanks for any and all help.

DDM should have it's own fuse IIRC. Check both fuse panels before looking at a new one. Might be able to see a bad BCM with a codereader, otherwise your dealer can tell you for sure.

Those modules have the capability for setting DTC's if something is wrong. See if you can get a code reader that can read ALL modules. You will be looking for "B" codes (B####) or perhaps "U" codes (U####) if it is a communication problem. These won't necessarily turn on the MIL (Malfunction Indicator Light).

Not all scan tools can read Body codes. Hopefully you can find someone with access to a TECH-2 or similar tool.

If your truck is still under warranty your dealer should be able to fix it on GM's nickel.

Back