• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I so owned a new Cummins truck two nights ago

ghostrider500

Always stirrin' the pot
Reaction score
:hihi: So I had to get my Mom's car out of the county impound yard (a whole different long story) so I hooked up the trailer to the 'ol 6.5, drove down the 60 miles, loaded it up, had started the drive back. It was dark, rainy, but the interstate was pretty scarce of traffic. I was tooling along at about 70 mph and saw up the road a dually( could tell by the fender lights) pulling what turned out to be a small dump box trailer. I'm guessing he was doing about 60 mph and kinda grinned to myself because I knew I was going to just fly by him with both of us pulling loads. As I got up to him, I saw it was a newer Dodge crew cab dually diesel with all kinds of chrome and lights. As I whipped on by I sped it up a tad just to get a good throaty sound out of the 4" exhaust. I giggled like a school kid as I went by and thought nothing more of it.
About five miles later, I saw someone coming up fast and knew it was the Dodge as I recognized the abundance of driving lights. He must of went past me doing 80-85 mph with that motor spooled up; sounded like a freight train going by. I just chuckled because I knew I had gotten under his skin; too little, too late, sir; too bad, so sad, you got owned by a little old 6.5 TD.
After he flew by me, he slowed down to my speed about a mile ahead and stayed there in front.
God, I love my truck. I ran great with the car trailer load; 5 psi boost, 700 F EGR, and right at 185 F for water temp.
:thumbsup:

nice work :thumbsup: Not to mention that your truck probably cost you 1/4 of what his did, and it does the same job pretty well it seems. Good to hear folks keeping the 6.5 name out there.

Trust me, if the Driver of the Dodge knew what was going on, he'd be the one Writing this "Story" and not you.

It's not a Race or "Owning" if the other Driver doesn't have a Clue what's going on.

Hell, you might as well have Thrown On your Hazards when you Passed Him to Complete the "Ricer Fly By".

I do concur. It's one thing to blow around someone and grin, it's another to both jump on it at 70 and see who wins. ;)

Back