• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I saw one today...

BigBlueChevy

Compression Ignition Addict
Reaction score
Coming down the road in the opposite direction was one of these new 2011 Super Dutys. To be honest with you with the exception of the "bold and ugly" new grill the rest of the truck looks the same to me. Big mirrors and the big tall stance associated with the FX4 super dutys. It had the badge on there for the 6.7L PSD and when that truck passed I couldn't hear a damn thing. No turbo whistle, hell it was quieter than even the 6.4.

I'm hoping to head to the local Ford dealership and see if I can get a chance to test drive one to see how it stacks up. Anybody else see them around at all? There damn near rare as hens teeth right now.

I had to go to city hall yesterday and I stoped over by the Ford dealership that is just across the way and took a peak at one of the 4 they had sitting there. They had 2 gassers, 2 PSDs. Like you said Jamie, there are a few things different, but not too many. Headlights, grille, and a 4" LCD screen in the gauge cluster. Other then that, it all looked simmilar to me as well. I'm not the biggest fan of the new grilles, but they might grow on me. The F-350 CC/SB Lariait PSD was sticked for $58k. I have yet to see one on the road, just the ones on the dealer lot.

Quiet is right. Interested to see how quiet the LML is compared to it.

I drove one last week. They run well. Not really "All New" like Ford advertises. The Fuel door on the bed is HUGE because it has a DEF fill nozzle as well as diesel fill nozzle.

The reviews I read in a couple of farming magazines have them pulling low to mid 20s for mileage, in 3/4 tons. They said their new gas engine was doing fairly well too.

They are all over the place around here. Thinking about picking up one myself but not sure yet.

I still haven't seen one yet..

Any mileage #'s or anything from them yet?

We currently have one at our facilty that we are building a rescue truck going to Korea. The big urea tank in the frame is strange and the grill is huge as said earlier. Dont know what else I can tell you since it will be in Korea in less than 60 days.

Back