• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I need a gas engine to replace the burned up 6.5

klover

Reaction score
What gas engine can I use in place of the 6.5 diesel in '97 cheyenne?

I burned up my 6.5 (oil analysis shows high Fe, overheated, knocking) turbo charged diesel in my k2500 (automatic transmission).

I would like to put in a 4.3 L all cast iron gas engine in it's place. I plan to make a 4 wheel drive farm only vehicle out of this thing.

I found an old '93 1500 Cheyenne pickup with a 4.3 in it, and would love to have an interchangeable engine for both trucks.

I can do some machining if required, or simply buy another engine with a way to get a torque converter into the deal.

wouldn't it be cheaper/easier to rebuild or replace the 6.5? how many miles did you get on it before it let go?

Old carbed 350 / 400 / 454.... only need one wire to run, 12v+ to the H.E.I.

I meant that IF all the stock gauges and other stuff was needed to read right I would think more under hood wiring would be needed.. I never went from diesel to gas so I am not sure only thinking different wiring would be needed...

If all the PO wants is a motor that runs 1 wire will work I guess...

Back