• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I may have to tow a camper for a buddys father. . .

M123KT-450

Reaction score
Any idea on what a 37 or 38ft camper weights ?

All i know it measures 37.5 feet from rear to hitch. ... .
Its got a ball hitch so i am guessing it can't be all that heavy its a wilderness.

Mike

Quality of build will affect the weight. Materials, slides, etc.
There's a sticker on the left front of the unit. Local towing laws will apply.

Its a good long ways away so i don't know if i'll get to see it before it has to be towed.
I am wondering if i should tow it with the GMC 2500 or use the sterling 5500. . .

Mike

I pull my 30' 5er with mine, in the Rocky Mountains (not those little eastern bumps you guys call mountains), and have pulled my buddy's 38' bumper-pull (2 slides) in the foothills, no problem.

Of course, my c2500 has been properly set up for it, because I do my mods the way they should be done. Biggest problem is I only have 3.73 gears, but the truck handled my buddy's trailer fine.

Not sure I'd want to pull it in the Rockies, though.. are you going to be on relatively flat ground? (ie: EVERYTHING in WI is flat... compared to here)

Ozzie is right; you need an equilizer hitch - your friend's father likely has one of those, as they usually sell them with the trailers... they just plug into your class III hitch receiver, and come with the bars and chains.

You also need 7-pin wiring and a brake controller.

the 7 pin plug i have along with the brake controller they came with The 6.5er it towed a goose neck camper around. . .

Tis why i thought it would be up to the challenge.
But this EQ hitch may need to be gotten as when they got the unit it was on site already.

Now they are giving it 1 month to sell then if it don't there going to want it towed to hatfield WI from adams friendship area. .. .

Mike

You can probably rent or borrow an EQ hitch with bars... somebody you know will have one... they're pretty common - anything over 17' (holiday trailer) will have one.

Well then i will have to start tracking the EQ-H down as the time clock is a ticking away.

I should also finish my Cold air intake get that ran to better location and get the exhaust done. . .

thanks for the info !

Mike

Back