• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I got some problems now

trapp2012

Banned
Reaction score
Well I just found out that my Turn signals and my doors don't lock.
Well the turn signals could be just a fuse or the bulb is bad. But im worried about the doors.
What do i do about the doors. Can I get new lock mecs or should I take it to the dealer and see what they say about it. What do you think it is

as for the turn signals, do any of them work or is it just one. did you happen to check the flasher for them? the door locks are just the manual version not power? do they lock with the inside button or with the key?

Check the fuses, believe its #16 for signals and #13 for door locks. Assuming power locks, have you tried to lock the doors at all switches? You may just have a bad driver door switch.

Yes you can get new parts. Try LMC truck for the actual latch mechanisms or most of the parts houses for the electric actuators.

Yes you can get new parts. Try LMC truck for the actual latch mechanisms or most of the parts houses for the electric actuators.

:iagree:
Thought I was gonna have to call em myself a couple of weeks ago when my pass side window just up and quit, then just up and started working again:dunno: I like to think it's just my trucks way of telling me it's actually the one in charge.

electric button doors lock with inside button or outside with key,
Tomorow I will go to the hardware store and buy the fuses that you said to get guys and ill report back later.):h

My door locks on my 1994 are on a circuit breaker vice fuse.. you sure about it being a fuse??

:iagree:
Thought I was gonna have to call em myself a couple of weeks ago when my pass side window just up and quit, then just up and started working again:dunno: I like to think it's just my trucks way of telling me it's actually the one in charge.
The switches on the doors are notoriuos for going bad. Can usually get them on the HELP rack at any autoparts stores

The switches on the doors are notoriuos for going bad. Can usually get them on the HELP rack at any autoparts stores

Funny part was I was literally gonna fix it that weekend when it just started working and has kept working since. I have no idea why it quit or why it started working. Figure it's one of those things best left alone.

That's because the 94's door locks are on a self-resetting circuit breaker. On my truck the same circuit runs the trailer brake controller.. REALLY exciting day when I learned that!

Back