• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I found the noise and think i found the oil pressure drop

Thought I'd update everyone.

I ended up on the Darkside and went Gas.

The new ride is an 07 K2500 extended cab, old body style.

I was hot on a LLY and an LBZ. The LBZ was sold before I got there. I was going to test drive the LLY yesterday, when I called it was gone, back to the auction with a blown head gasket. :(

Set it up on propane very cost effective. $1.48 here for propane.

Good luck with the new truck, the 6.0 is tough and super reliable

Source Unknown

Congrats on the new ride. :thumbsup: Post up some pics!

The GM 6.0 is a good motor. I have owned two and both ran like stink with zero problems. I would still have the 02 if someone changing the radio station while doing 65 in a 45 coming up to stop sign had been paying attention and not hit the trailer tongue as I was pulling out of a driveway. :mad2: Still not happy after 5+ years. Tweeked the frame.... nice red RC 2wd with a 5spd.

Sorry about the 6.2/6.5......Didn't you just put that engine in, ....Not too long ago??? Congrats on the new ride John. That was a Boyce 6.2 block that you built?

Sorry about the 6.2/6.5......Didn't you just put that engine in, ....Not too long ago??? Congrats on the new ride John. That was a Boyce 6.2 block that you built?

I had just over 45K on the engine. The center main lost threads on one of the inner bolts and broke the outer bolts causing the oil pressure drop and the noise. Not to mention the cracks in the block bolt holes.

Bambi did a nice job on the rod bearings.

It was one from Jamie. But no complaints on the motor or his work. It ran great and survived several catastrophes that should have tanked it long ago. I also will admit to thrashing it pretty hard. If the body was in better shape and the wife wasn't being the wife, I'd get another engine from Jamie. (would add a ARP stud kit)

Perfect, low ball and get it cheap, :rof:

See the above comments on the Wife.

The truck is real nice. Big thing now is to get the snow plow mounted and a set of running boards / nerf bars. ( it is a real hike to get in the seat)
First run on the highway was 12.5mpg.

Congrats on the new ride. :thumbsup: Post up some pics!

The GM 6.0 is a good motor. I have owned two and both ran like stink with zero problems. I would still have the 02 if someone changing the radio station while doing 65 in a 45 coming up to stop sign had been paying attention and not hit the trailer tongue as I was pulling out of a driveway. :mad2: Still not happy after 5+ years. Tweeked the frame.... nice red RC 2wd with a 5spd.

damn, it had to be those specs too. :( as you can see by the sig, manual trans and 2wd are my favorites.

Back