• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I found a cultivator

Michaeljp86

EVIL GENIUS
Reaction score
I was behind the barn and found a cultivator hid in the snow. It punched a nice hole in the tire and drenched me and the tractor in rimguard. I just got the tire back from having a new tube put in. :mad2:

Attachments

• DSC00509.jpg
    DSC00509.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC00510.jpg
    DSC00510.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC00511.jpg
    DSC00511.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 30
What were your exact words when this whole scenario went down?

I didnt really say anything, I didnt know what happend. As soon as it happend a stream came out right into my face, I couldnt see anything, my whole world went brown. :eek:

It got in my mouth and I knew what it was, I tasted it once before. :sad:

While I was driving to the barn, :cussing: Now I got to buy a new tire :mad2: :cussing:

The cultivator hit the rim so it pinched through the tube in 2 spots. I think if the tire was a firestone this wouldnt have happened, its one of those akuret tires.:rolleyes5: Im going to glue a boot on it and mount it back up. Maybe this summer Ill buy a new firestone to match the other side. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• DSC00512.jpg
    DSC00512.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 9
Could have been the rear you know...
As far as tri rib fronts, I've had better luck with Goodyear than Firestone for cut resistance. I mow 30 acres of hilly and sometimes thorny pasture and have been for over 20 years so I know a bit about cuts.):h

Could have been the rear you know...
As far as tri rib fronts, I've had better luck with Goodyear than Firestone for cut resistance. I mow 30 acres of hilly and sometimes thorny pasture and have been for over 20 years so I know a bit about cuts.):h

The only goodyear tires Ive ever messed with was on the rear of my dads farmall 140. They had a little dry rot then one just blew out. Ive seen dry rotted firestone with 8" tears and they would go for years.

The rear tire got the cultivator too and alot worse then the front did but it just rolled over it, its a firestone.

Around here, they seem to both hold up to cuts fairly well, but the Firestone's age more gracefully than the Goodyear's. This is mainly concerning combines.

Around here, they seem to both hold up to cuts fairly well, but the Firestone's age more gracefully than the Goodyear's. This is mainly concerning combines.

My dad had a JD 1010 with armstrong tires. They were on there from the factory and looked like new a few years ago when he sold it.

If anyone ever does this snow works like oil dry for the fluid all over the concrete. Yesterday I dumped snow on it and this morning the snow was all brown.

Have always used snow in the barn for "sweeping compound". Works great to keep the dust down and act like a dirt magnet. Never knew it was oil dry too!:D

Back