• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I did it....

After talking to the TF guys, I didnt get much further. They wanted to help but said the only real way to do is is to pull the sending unit out and manually tweak the float until you get it to read right, and that it usually involves more than one person (one to read the guage one to bend the wire) and can require pulling the tank down more than once. (PIA) He had heard of guys with EFI making it work, but said he didnt really know anything about that. He forwarded me an email that he had said might help me, but as far as I can tell it is some kind of programming numbers that I can use to reflash my truck with.

Anybody real fluent in EFI that might look at these numbers and see what they look like? I can forward the email if anybody thinks they can help...

It can be done with EFI live and if you know someone that has it the license is about $100. That would give you everything it offers but you are stuck with the person with the EFI Live.

I don't know what the sending unit looks like but if can be tweaked I would fill the tank run home then pull the bed and go at it from that way. It is easier to pull the bed than the tank.

After talking to the TF guys, I didnt get much further. They wanted to help but said the only real way to do is is to pull the sending unit out and manually tweak the float until you get it to read right, and that it usually involves more than one person (one to read the guage one to bend the wire) and can require pulling the tank down more than once. (PIA) He had heard of guys with EFI making it work, but said he didnt really know anything about that. He forwarded me an email that he had said might help me, but as far as I can tell it is some kind of programming numbers that I can use to reflash my truck with.

Anybody real fluent in EFI that might look at these numbers and see what they look like? I can forward the email if anybody thinks they can help...

Here is a short write up I came across tonight.

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/efi-live/104834-45-gallon-transferflow-recal.html

Back