• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I did it....

HoytBows

Reaction score
I did it guys! Ditched the LB7 and bought an 09 LMM CC/SB LTZ with 40k on it yesterday. I'm back in debt... but i love the truck. Ill try to get a picture up. I've been reading a lot but I still have some questions...

I have EFI live. I want to pull the DPF and go turbo back, and I dont necessarily want to void my warranty. Can I tune out the DPF only and not change the overall tune without risking warranty stuff? I know it remembers re flashes and what not but if I'm only messing with the DPF leaving the stock tune?? Or maybe doing that requires a re flash. I guess that question applies to blocking the EGR and a PVC re-route too.

First on my list is Guages. EGT, BOOST, and (undecided)

Will the stealer have a problem with a Transgo JR? The 5yr/100000 is good through August 2014 and obviously another 60k. Im going to have a tough time waiting to do stuff to this thing everything is going to void my warranty.

You can't just flash for the DPF and save the warranty, it's all or nothing.

So, you have to make the decision if you think you'll need your warranty or you'll take the risk. For the transgo, the dealer won't know it's even there..

Two things happened yesterday that surprised me. I went to throw my hitch in the reciever and found that it is 2.5" instead of the 2" that was on my LB7. Is that normal? I think im going to have to find a sleeve to put in there, or buy all new hitch tounges.

Then I had about 1/3 tank of fuel left so I went to fill up. I did and it took 23.5 gallons.... I thought these LMMs only had 25 gallon tanks? I crawled underneath and the tank sure looks bigger than that but I havent ran it down to E yet so maybe I'm wrong and 1/3 tank actually only 2 gallons???

Two things happened yesterday that surprised me. I went to throw my hitch in the reciever and found that it is 2.5" instead of the 2" that was on my LB7. Is that normal? I think im going to have to find a sleeve to put in there, or buy all new hitch tounges.

Then I had about 1/3 tank of fuel left so I went to fill up. I did and it took 23.5 gallons.... I thought these LMMs only had 25 gallon tanks? I crawled underneath and the tank sure looks bigger than that but I havent ran it down to E yet so maybe I'm wrong and 1/3 tank actually only 2 gallons???

The NBS trucks have a 2.5. They come with a sleeve from the factory. If it's not in the truck somewhere the original owner probably lost it. I'm sure you can order a replacement off the net somewhere, would definitely be cheaper than a new hitch.

If it is a short bed, it should have a 26 gallon tank.

Well fellas I was underneath the ol girl the other day changing my oil, and I still had my suspicions about that tank being bigger. When I would fill up I would occasionally fit 28-29 gallons in which just didnt add up so I crawled around and found a silver plate on the side of the truck that said it was a 47 gallon tank. The plate also had a GM stamp and part number on the side. When I bought the truck the stealership never mentioned anything about it, so I assume they didnt realize it either, or maybe they did. Either way that leaves me with two questions... I have a copy of GM's VIN maintenance history which has nothing except the replacing the four door mouldings after the first ones faded so does that mean this thing came from the factory with the big tank? And if so why does my gas guage 'think' it is only a 27 gallon tank? I would think if it was factory it would be accurate.

And lastly is the fuel guage controlled through the ECM, and can I fix that with my EFI Live? Or is it a sending unit somewhere that I can just swap out with the big tank sending unit? I guess thats three questions but any help would be great.

Nice question. I've never heard of the big tank but I have a suspicion that the gauge is tied to the BCM.

You can recalibrate for the big tank with EFILive in the ECM I'm pretty certain, a lot of guys do it when they have the Titan tanks installed.

Im calling the stealer and to see what they have to say about it. I crawed under some guys truck in a parking lot to see his and its plastic. Mine is square and steel and actually almost completely surrounds my tranny cooler, or whatever fluid cooler that is sitting back there. I had been under the impression the tranny cooler was up front? It is definately not a Titan though... all of this is wierd.

That thing is a fuel cooler and I was wondering what was gonna be happening to it in the large tank swap. Curious as everybody else what you have there Chad.

Im calling the stealer and to see what they have to say about it. I crawed under some guys truck in a parking lot to see his and its plastic. Mine is square and steel and actually almost completely surrounds my tranny cooler, or whatever fluid cooler that is sitting back there. I had been under the impression the tranny cooler was up front? It is definately not a Titan though... all of this is wierd.

so I crawled around and found a silver plate on the side of the truck that said it was a 47 gallon tank. The plate also had a GM stamp and part number on the side.

Could you get a picture of this tag and post it?
:nopics:

and maybe of the tank and how it surrounds the trans and cooler etc...:thumbsup:

Last edited:
After talking to the TF guys, I didnt get much further. They wanted to help but said the only real way to do is is to pull the sending unit out and manually tweak the float until you get it to read right, and that it usually involves more than one person (one to read the guage one to bend the wire) and can require pulling the tank down more than once. (PIA) He had heard of guys with EFI making it work, but said he didnt really know anything about that. He forwarded me an email that he had said might help me, but as far as I can tell it is some kind of programming numbers that I can use to reflash my truck with.

Anybody real fluent in EFI that might look at these numbers and see what they look like? I can forward the email if anybody thinks they can help...

Back