• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hydraulic Fan Drive (HFD)

n8in8or

Don't beat yoirself up trying to reinvent the wheel (or hydraulic pump), @Sand . Try www.surpluscenter.com item # 9-1738-S-8 or -6 which are 8 groove or 6 groove respectively serpentine belt driven 20GPM @2200psi or 9-1737-8 or -6 12GPM @ 3000psi serpentine belt driven hydraulic pumps with a 12VDC clutch.
How much commission do you earn each time you mention Surplus Center!? :p

Yes, I’m just jealous that I don’t live so close to them. :oops:

n8in8or

But they DO ship Globally! Ok, it IS damn fun to be able to walk into their showroom and actually see and handle the stuff!
I’m sure! I picture myself skipping down the aisles like Dorothy skipping down the yellow brick road to the castle in Wizard of Oz.....until I remember my bad knees.....then I walk, but even then I’m giddy!:woot::woot::woot:

Husker6.5

135' diagonal 16:9HD, 25KW sound!
How much commission do you earn each time you mention Surplus Center!? :p

Yes, I’m just jealous that I don’t live so close to them. :oops:
Not a damn penny, but I have known the son (Jim Burden) of the founder since I was 9 years old and he was just back from 'Nam, so for a damn long time. Plus, I have always been a tinkerer and a builder of unique devices and so a Surplus Center catalog was always close at hand and basically memorized for decades. Jim and my dad were close friends who shared a love of live steam narrow gauge trains, model railroading, Studebakers, old buses and strange road trips to fetch back things like a set of left and right hand #6 frogs for 30 lb. rail to be used when my dad, Jim and I back in the summer of '91 built almost a mile of 2' narrow gauge railroad track around the Lincoln Children's Zoo during the Zoo's expansion and renovation.