• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hydra-Swings

If that's your hay, it's no wonder you guys out west need 100 acre hay fields!
No 100 sm squares/acre first cutting for you...

That's just where he has it parked. I'm pretty sure he has better hay than that. We definately do and he's only 200mi west of me.

I got so used to my old JD1209 and NH479 that when I did a friend's field with his hydra swing Hesston (1190?) I kept getting myself confused. Once I got used to it, I really liked it though. One thing I know about the JD Vs NH... I like the lower slope of the NH platform better. Smoother transition to the rolls and easier to set swath width.

For our grass hay the only swather to have is a NH. A few years back the when the deere introduce their disc mowers the brought them out and they were pothetic. They left more grass standing than they mowed. The general opinion was the conditioner created too much wind and blew the crop over before it could be cut. NH only for me.

Our hay last year averaged 7 tons per acre or so between some older fields and new seeding. Not sure what that would be in small squares, we changed to all rounds a few years ago. Crapload of round bales... That swather is just parked on some grass where we park stuff, quite a ways from the hay fields. Normally there's not even that much grass there but after that rain there is.

You some kind funny guy prarie dog breath )

Not really, the comment made me think of a farmer near where I grew up in western Nebraska. He problbly framed 8000 acres or so. But one year he kept driving by a field of wheat that had not been harvested for a couple weeks. He finally called this guy up and asked when he was going to cut that quarter section of wheat? THe guy said , its not mine, its yours and I wondered the same thing about when you were going to cut it. It got cut in the next couple days but it was almost 3 weeks after everything else had been cut and only made about half as much crop on it by then. In western part of the state where I grew up it was nothing to have 5000 acres or more, but they only grow on half of it a year and rotate the ground.

Back