• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HX40W-II Swap some pics

illville

Reaction score
Just got my turbo installed using Racedaymechanic's DP kit and am very pleased. I still need to give my engine a good cleaning to start the year off and tend to some details i want to change but for the most part everything is great.
2qsvuvd.jpg

213hz6d.jpg

eb991x.jpg

wwby90.jpg

2nw2y42.jpg

29qb3bp.jpg

212711x.jpg

10zybyb.jpg

2wok3o3.jpg

2qj9080.jpg

i just did the swap in my truck and i was wondering did you take the lon from the tuna can and run it to the oil retun line off the turbo

That looks real nice! Great job with the kit Bruce! Good luck with it Illville! Keep us posted on the performance.

i just did the swap in my truck and i was wondering did you take the lon from the tuna can and run it to the oil retun line off the turbo

The tube from the tuna can or CDR on mine is still functioning like it would from the factory and is plumbed in to the intake in front of the turbo.

A quick update after a couple days of commuting to work. I love this turbo, not only for the sound (which is sweet) but the performance is great. The burb seems to pick up speed with much less effort, especially at higher speeds it doesnt hit a speed wall like it used to. Apart from the turbo whistle the truck actually seems much quieter under cruising speeds, although ive been enjoying spooling this bad boy up.
So far I havent noticed a huge jump in power between my stock turbo and this one, but the overall performance and manner of the vehicle has greatly improved.

I have a 70 mile round trip to work and back, 90% highway. On my last couple commutes to work this is where the numbers sat on my sustained highway journey that is mostly flat with some mild grades (max boost is set at about 18PSI at WOT):

(these are the readings MY guages are giving me)

AVG Speed: 60MPH
RPM: 2000
Boost: 1-2PSI
EGT's: 400-500
Trans temp: 150
Coolant temp: 185

I have yet to test it loaded or under sustained high boost other than about a half mile highway run up a mild grade, 18PSI of boost with EGT's hitting between 8-900. I also plan on limiting the boost to 15PSI.

again this is just quick observation, i havent studied it to much as im really just having fun driving it right know. As soon as i calm down a bit i hope to get a little more accurate with all the readings and do some homework LOL.

Back