• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hx40ii boost controller

Reaction score
I figured I would start a new thread, anyway this what I have come up with for the HX40II, Its pretty simple and should work with all airboxes, Just need to try it out
001-10.jpg

002-9.jpg

Excellent :Justwait2:

You think you will try a little wider spring on there, like on your original setup? Not going to have to be as strong/tight Im sure since that is a much better angle to hold it closed.

Yes I needed about 1 inch longer Bolt (3 inch was the longest Lowes had in 6mm) I dont want to use threaded rod where it passes thru the bracket, Im planning on getting some longer Bolts and using the wider spring set up as it worked real well, Got a few small bugs to work out But I think this design will work

Hmmmm....This would allow me to got back to the S&B intake box, and keep boost below 20 psi.

Let me know when I can "demo" one. :)

temporary-43.jpg

temporary-42.jpg

Im seriously thinking about doing this on my turbo but at the same time i cant stop kicking around the idea of reinstalling the stock vacuum setup including the gmx turbo waste gate actuator. Sorry to go off topic, didnt mean to jack your thread

Nice mod raceday!

I think the only reason to use the stock vacuum setup would be to dump boost while cruising, thats what GM used it for, to dump boost to save your MPG. But if you already have low boost when cruising I dont see it as necessary to have that capability. The HX40 gate only moves about half an inch, not much travel compared to the GM turbo. The HX40WII has low enough boost while cruising on Raceday's heavy truck (with the 10-blade turbine), so I imagine the larger 16cm^2 housing would be good at cruise, I know subclatter's was.

Yes I was shooting for the increased MPGs at cruise speeds but you do make a good point about the hx40IIs waste gate.

I have not yet seen the complete results of the hx40II on my truck while its down for tranny rebuild.

That spring setup seems to be the way to go with this turbo. How much pressure does it require to compress the spring?

Ive got some new springs on the way as well as bushings to keep the spring centered, Im thinking I should have a workable version by weeks end, If I space it out 1/4 inch it will also work on Holset Turbos

Yes I got the Springs and Bushings I did get one done, It looks good I think the larger diam spring along with the bronze bushings will make it work smoother

I havent tested the new spring rod setup yet but I was able to get down to 10 psi and 20+ with the old spring, I will be selling them yes, I will need to refine it a bit, its a little rough for resale

Do you tighten the nut on the controller to increase boost and loosen the nut to decrease boost, is it the less the spring is being compressed the less boost i will have.

Back