• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HVAC Fan wire plug

DieselCash

Trust but, verify
Staff member
Reaction score
Does anybody have a part number for the plug for the main red wire for the HVAC fan when on high.
I will add a picture of plug below.
IMG_0051.jpg
This is the red wire that starts at the under hood fuse block that runs across the firewall and enters the firewall below the radiator tank. Then runs to this plug, to the relay for the HVAC motor. I have had no luck finding this plug. As you can see in the photo, it got a little warm.
I believe this plug is the cause of my fan not running on high intermediately.
Any help is appreciated!

that is the same connector I ended up eliminating and soldering together then some heat shrink over it. the blower on high will pull about 20-25 amps continuous, any connections will create resistance and heat. as some point, I plan to run a heavier power wire into the cab for an add-on fuse block then tie this circuit into it along with separated relays one for each fan speed being when the fan is not on high, all the amperage is pulled though the dash switch. I have gone through two switches since owning my truck in early 2020 late 2019.

that is the same connector I ended up eliminating and soldering together then some heat shrink over it. the blower on high will pull about 20-25 amps continuous, any connections will create resistance and heat. as some point, I plan to run a heavier power wire into the cab for an add-on fuse block then tie this circuit into it along with separated relays one for each fan speed being when the fan is not on high, all the amperage is pulled though the dash switch. I have gone through two switches since owning my truck in early 2020 late 2019.
I was thinking of eliminating that plug. I wonder if there is a plug that could handle the amps better than the GM plug.
Mine is burned up pretty good.

the motors GM used in these blowers can pull quite a bit, as they age they just pull more power. I wish there was a brush-less motor option we could use. these use much less power and can get higher speeds from. Plus you can use a variable control on them like how a dimmer switch works. iirc Will had mentioned this once or twice.

Back