• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HVAC controls not working

gahammerle

Saved by God's grace
Reaction score
I'm not getting the blower to work on any setting. When I turn the key to On and then turn the fan control on, the clutch on the AC compressor engages and disengages when I turn the fan off. The clutch engages whether the AC button is depressed or not - is that normal? The light does light up on the AC button when pressed.

Not sure if this is related or the cause - but last week I jumped a friends truck and the jumper cables were hooked in reverse on my battery (don't ask :( ) for a few seconds - burned my thumb yanking the cables off - those things heat up quick! I didn't drive the truck for a few days after that so I don't know if the blower was working after that mishap and quit working later - my wife drove the truck but doesn't remember when the blower worked last. I checked fuses in the fuse panel and under the hood and they look good. As far as I know, everything else electrical is working fine.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Could also be the resistor, but I would think it would still work on high. Yes the clutch does kick on whenever the fan switch is on for some reason. I don't know if it stays on or not, but I noticed when playing with EFI Live. I set the idle my idle real low, but set it to jump up to almost normal idle if the AC was on. I noticed that I didn't even need to turn on the AC for the idle to rise, just turn the fan knob. I know the older ones used to cycle the AC pump to keep it from locking up.

Back