• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HUB bearings wearing out

FactoryMX

Mile High
Reaction score
i dont know if this is the right place for it, but how many of you have had there hub bearing wear out. Im thinking about going to 305's but ive been reading up on alot of hub bearings wearing out quick.

They all wear out quick, whether it be ford, dodge, or chevy they seem to wear out around 80k in general. I replaced bolth mine at 90k and my buddy with an 05 cummins replaced his at 80k.

im gona be running 305's soon how quick do you think they will wear out with that tire size?

They will were out regardless if you are running 245's or 35' so I would say just run what you like. Yes bigger tires put more were on steering parts then factory but to say how much would just be a guess.

Yep. They wear out regardless. Like chnging your oil. If you run more fuel you need to change it sooner.

Bigger tires also wear out the idler and pitman arms too.

No.

They make support braces. The kit is $4??. Plus they reccomend replacing the old idler and pitman arms too.

Run no larger than an 8" wide rim and you will be o.k.

The wider the rim the more leverage is placed on the front-end components.

doesnt the off set affect that also? i like the look of the tires sticking out of the truck but everyone says it will wear everything out too quick

Thats why guys run H2 rims. Theyre wider and the offset is perfect for our trucks.

I believe theyre an 8" rim.

Dont know the offset all i know is that its perfect for our trucks and I know the rim fits a 315/70R17 perfect.

ill try and find what type of off set they are, but personally i think they are ugly so if i could find something simular i would rather do that

ya I got them cause they are cheap.

Theres a lot of guys powedercoating them black and such to make them look better.

Mine are the chrome ones so they dont look too bad.

I believe theyre an 8" rim.

Dont know the offset all i know is that its perfect for our trucks and I know the rim fits a 315/70R17 perfect.

8.5" wide 4.75 or 5" BS

Ive done both wheel bearings, LF @ 60ish & RF @ 110k
One of the easiest things to change on the truck, also it pays to shop around they run $150-$400

Rockauto.com They went up alittle since I last bought one
TIMKEN Part # SP580304
Hub Unit Bearing; Front Whl,4WD/AWD; Classic Style; 8 Stud, New Item.

$167.79

Back