• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HP Products are...

Unit453

Cruises comfortably at 140...
Administrator
Reaction score
The biggest piles of stir fried dog shit...!!!!

First my printer, now my camera software. It sits on a loading dock and can actually print out digital pictures. I've never used it for that. You think the computer recognizes this program? You think it would let me transfer images to my folders? You think for once it wouldnt freeze up my entire system? You think for once it wouldnt CONSTANTLY get a "found new hardware" message 55 LESS times daily? ****in pile of shit drivers...Why should I have to worry about that. I'm smashing this one. I dont know, its only been installed here for a ****in' year. What else can fail this week? Hard drive? That'd be great...

I'd post pictures but, I ****in' cant.

**** I'm so pissed right now.

ROFL... easy, big fella... blood pressure...

99% of the time, issues like that are driver-related. Once you get the right drivers, things work fine.

So... computer make and model = ??

Camera dock make and model = ??

Camera make and model = ??

Software and version number = ??

Let's see what we can find out about this stuff... you can't be the only guy that has had this issue. The answers are out there...

ROFL... easy, big fella... blood pressure...

99% of the time, issues like that are driver-related. Once you get the right drivers, things work fine.

So... computer make and model = ?? Antec - Custom built

Camera dock make and model = ?? HP Photosmart Premier 6.5

Camera make and model = ?? HP L2420A - 8.2 meg

Software and version number = ?? 6.5 (?)

Let's see what we can find out about this stuff... you can't be the only guy that has had this issue. The answers are out there...

I'll be honest here...

I punched it, gave it a knee strike, stepped outside for 5 minutes, came back in, looked at it, swore at it, plugged it back in, and the pics downloaded fine. Obviously its not a driver issue. It evidently needed a swift blow...or two.

HP's are products of China. I will NEVER again buy another HP product.

...good luck trying to find something NOT made in China these days...you almost have to belong to a club just to find American goods.

Driver issues suck bigtime...windows keeps track of the error messages too. Many times you can track things down if you know what to look for.

...but then a good swift kick feels just so good now and then...:eek:

I'll be honest here...

I punched it, gave it a knee strike, stepped outside for 5 minutes, came back in, looked at it, swore at it, plugged it back in, and the pics downloaded fine. ...

We call that "percussive maintenance."

Works with just about as much frequency as any other IT intervention...):h

I'm having the same kind of trouble with my HP printer as well. As far as the camera is concerned, I think the HP software that you download causes more trouble that its worth. Anytime I get a new camera( my wife constantly breaks them) I leave the software in the box and let Windows do its thing. Always ends up working better for me.

Buy a cheap USB SD or CF card reader. I always take the card out and plug it into the computer because the software with the camera never works right. Hooking the camera up either locks up the computer or kills the battery in the camera.

I haven't been able to get my printer to work at all since switching to Vista if its any concellation. And this is with the supposed latest "Vista-compatible" drivers... I have a 50# paperweight with $120 worth of new toner cartridges sitting in the corner :(

Trust me, I'm not far from that. Last night my blood was boiling. I was heated. If I didnt have neighbors nearby and a cat on my lap, there woulda been a .40 hollow point enroute to its destiny.

Trust me, I'm not far from that. Last night my blood was boiling. I was heated. If I didnt have neighbors nearby and a cat on my lap, there woulda been a .40 hollow point enroute to its destiny.
Strap it to the back of the cat, more of a challenge to hit a moving target. Plus, no more cat food.

Negative sir. In fact, thats a ****in' awful thing to say about ones pet.
Well f it then, just got shoot the camera. This seems to be putting you in a bad mood. :yikes:
For the record, I wouldn't shoot my pet either, but I would joke about it.
Scratch that, actually I would. We are talking about getting a dog. My wife was considering adopting one from a shelter. I'm trying to talk her into a puppy, but I forewarned her- no matter what the background, if it bites one of the kids (In a vicious way) that I would take him out in the woods and put a bullet in its head. In no un-certain terms. Just making sure she's fully prepared.
But no, I wouldn't shoot an innocent little kitty.

I hate HP crap. I have a 4 in 1 printer that has locks my work computer up at least 3x's a day.

I hate HP crap. I have a 4 in 1 printer that has locks my work computer up at least 3x's a day.

We had one of those for about 3 yrs and my wife worked for HP and her boss even told her to get rid of it. Too many issues and after we just got a plain printer no more problems since.

Back