• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How to make butter with your bus

knkreb

The Bus Driver is here!
Reaction score
This is a little lighter fair for ya'll...

Had to go and pick up some stuff from Lowes. Best bet for the job, was the bus. After all, picking up 4x8 sheets in a passenger van in no fun. So, off I go... since I'm right across the way, dear wifey has me pick up a few items from Stuff*Mart. Items include some rubbermaid containers, bagels, and milk.

Pick up my stuff from Lowes, and go over to walmart. I've got stuff loaded all the way up and to the front. Not much room for anything else. So, all the grocery/walmart items have to go into the front of the bus. So, I begin loading up my grocery items. Put the milk and bagels into Rubbermaid containers to make efficient use of space. I turn around and the container slides out the swing out passenger entry door, and the milk hits the ground and starts leaking. Quickly I put it up into the container and push it up into the passenger area.

It's only about 8am now, and I'm starving. I had picked up a little breakfast in the front of Walmart and quickly grabbed it and started eating. Next stop was Tractor Supply across the highway. So, I'm waiting for the light to turn green, and eating my breakfast in the driver's seat. Green light and go... and as I'm making the left turn on to the north bound lane, low and behold the passenger door comes flying open from where it wasn't latched properly. If I could have seen the look on the people's faces at the traffic light waiting as this newly purchased 18 gallon Rubbermaid container and lids are now airbourne with milk in now are sailing across the intersection. I got to miss the look on their faces as the look of "oh nuts!" and breakfast burrito coming out of my nose.... pull over the bus, quickly run back and pick up the assorted goods now strune across the roadway. So I throw all the merchanidise back on the bus, and slide down in the seat so no one can identify this incompetent bus driver.

Get to Tractor supply... and the one thing I needed wasn't there... so that left turn was for nothing.

Now time to head home. I pull into the driveway. Since Bus Too doesn't have the side access doors like the original 6.5 bus one, I have to enter through the passenger entry door. So, I carefully unlatch the door. I come around to the side of the bus to open the door, and just before I get to the door, it swings open, and out falls a Rubbermaid container and the remains of a once full gallon of milk.

I come in the house with this look on my face. I hand my dear wife a little less than 3 quarts of milk... the look was something to the effect of "I hope you really appreciate the heroics I went through to bring you this gallon of milk..."

This story is only second to the one of having to purchase feminane products... but that has no diesel relation, so I'd be a bit off topic at best. Hope this brighten's your day.

Not with a bus but I've actually made butter with my K3500.

Cross country trip to Salt Lake City and back last fall. 6000+ miles in 2 weeks so recall is a little vague about what road. Had a 1/2 gallon of milk in the cooler. Road was rough and had been joking about making butter. The next time my brother went to get some it was churned.

I think it was the road going into Chaco Canyon National Park in New Mexico. That road was so rough I don't think having a couple ton in the bed would have helped.

Haha, i hate it when a day starts like that. I had a 3x8 sheet of metal and a brick both fall out of my trailer in chicago once. Man the way that sheet weaved through 5 lanes of traffic i couldn't have driven it better myself lol. Talk about stealing your breath!!

OK, so here's one about spilt milk. Years ago, I'm training for my new job, delivering a commercial order of milk to the loading dock and the food & beverage dept. at Chateau Lake Louise high in the majestic Cdn. Rockies in Banff National Park. The grumpy old cuss training me has 8 skids of product at the back of the truck (an International DIESEL!) and is backing slowly up to the dock with the back doors open, the load sitting precariously at the edge. Suddenly, some idiot decides to dodge between the truck and the dock and save himself 15 seconds by risking life and limb. Jim, the grumpy old cuss driving, instinctively locks the binders when he sees buddy dissappear behind the truck and the load (5040 litres of 2%, skim, cereal, whipping and homogenized) slowly tips and then falls into the 20 foot gap between the truck and loading dock. A massive white tsunami descends and then rises, its momentum smashing into the dock and reversing back at the truck where it slides under the truck, around the tandem tires and out into the parking lot.
Next thing you know all hell breaks loose, all sorts of people running around with mops and pails in hand, looking ridiculously useless in the sea of white.
After 15 minutes, a bunch of Park Wardens and the "Emergency Toxic Waste Clean-up Unit" show up, running around, yelling orders, piling haybales and sandbags, taking notes and pictures and taking themselves VERY seriously. After 2 hours of pontificating and theorizing about the potential enviromental impact on the Park ecosystem, they decide there isn't much that can be done anyway and the milk probably isn't much of a threat. At this point, I've reached a breaking point in self-discipline and suggest to them that "there is no use in crying over spilt milk". Jim just about burnt two holes in my head with his glare! The Wardens didn't say anything, not even a smirk.
We never did see the idiot after he dodged behing the truck. No doubt he saw the toppling load above him, and his momentum carried him from behind the truck, up the hill, and into the staff accom, where he stayed low until his next shift.

I hate days like that, at least you can laugh about it now :)

Back