• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How to download pic/vid .......

BigO-L3

Reb...very non PC
Reaction score
deep in the heart of Dixie...Kentwood, La.
........from a Samsung Rugby to the PC.

I have the USB cable and a small data cable driver disc that came with it. The disc is smaller than a normal CD and does not fit in my drive. Does it take a different driver or some type of adapter??

you could always download the drivers via website....I hate the mini cd's My laptop is a slot load so i would be screwed royally if no internet was available, or you could take the flash drive out of the camera and insert it into a reader and download the pics that way...

Hello Bill,

The smaller-than-CD disks will only work in tray-load-type CD-DVD drives, i.e., plastic tray that slides out for the disk to be loaded, then slides in for the disk to be mounted/read.

Most tray loaders have outlines for 4-3/4" diameter disks (CDs and DVDs) and an inner outline for 3" diameter disks (usually audio, but can contain data). To load these smaller disks, the tray must be horizontal, i.e., if your CD-DVD drive is mounted vertically, turn the PC case 90 degrees so that the tray is horizontal.

They even make smaller-than-CD disks that are not completely circular, as long as they are balanced when spun (imagine a disk with a line going through the center, then two other lines parallel to and on either side the center line at the same distance from the center -- now, cut the disk along these outer lines).

you could always download the drivers via website....I hate the mini cd's My laptop is a slot load so i would be screwed royally if no internet was available, or you could take the flash drive out of the camera and insert it into a reader and download the pics that way...
Tim, I seem to have a problem when it comes to finding the right stuff to download from the internet. This is one of those cheap China mad cable/disc.

Hello Bill,

The smaller-than-CD disks will only work in tray-load-type CD-DVD drives, i.e., plastic tray that slides out for the disk to be loaded, then slides in for the disk to be mounted/read.

Most tray loaders have outlines for 4-3/4" diameter disks (CDs and DVDs) and an inner outline for 3" diameter disks (usually audio, but can contain data). To load these smaller disks, the tray must be horizontal, i.e., if your CD-DVD drive is mounted vertically, turn the PC case 90 degrees so that the tray is horizontal.

They even make smaller-than-CD disks that are not completely circular, as long as they are balanced when spun (imagine a disk with a line going through the center, then two other lines parallel to and on either side the center line at the same distance from the center -- now, cut the disk along these outer lines).
Thanks for the tip. I have now noticed the inner smaller indention, and have completed the download. Now, I will see if it works:thumbsup:

oh so this is a phone....jeez, they are some of the worlds worst to download from, give me the complete model number of the phone, i know it is a Samsung Rugby but if there are anything else in it i will look for a way or you can wait until the end of the month when I go to Gulfport I might try and do it personally.....

Hello Bill,

Digging into my memories, again...

1. Disconnect the phone from the PC.
2. Turn off phone.
3. Reboot the PC.
4. Start or run the software on the PC.
5. Connect the cable to the phone, then connect the other end of cable to PC.
6. Turn on the phone.

Does the PC recognize the phone? What messages or notifications from the PC? e.g., USB device detected, drivers being installed, etc.

If it doesn't work, start over again BUT in step #5, try a different USB port on the PC.

Let us know what happens.

Regards,
Franko

Back