• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How to build an ATV Rack ! (in germany)

very nice setup. you must get a lot of looks over there with your rig!

That is the truth, When I leave the compounds of post I get strange looks by the Germans. One of my old neighbors(when I lived off post) called the Tahoe the Monster!

Here in germany, with such a pickup truck AND such an ATV Rack load with ATV's, you look more like an alien. Today, on the first test drive with Rack an ATV's loaded the faces of the people looked a little bit scared !

:)

Cu,
Sven

How did you find such a big parking lot? They are hard to come by off post in Mannheim!

Haha, this market is in a smaller city north from Hannover, called Langenhagen (where the Hannover airport is) and it is located in a dead end road. So not much people drive there to make there grocerie buyings. Only these who knows, that there is such a "market".
"REAL" is similar to Wal-Mart.

Cu,
Sven

Sven, the fab work looks incredible.

Your truck is SPOTLESS!! I am very impressed!!!

I'll bet you turn plenty of heads with that rig over there!!

:thumbsup:

Haha, this market is in a smaller city north from Hannover, called Langenhagen (where the Hannover airport is) and it is located in a dead end road. So not much people drive there to make there grocerie buyings. Only these who knows, that there is such a "market".
"REAL" is similar to Wal-Mart.

Cu,
Sven

We have two big parking lots off post here in Mannheim that I know of. One is a mall and the other is a Real and other stores. I will see if I can get some pics and post them on here.

I think, Sven has a small RV also. But, we will let him speak. I think he posted pics someplace, unless I am wrong.

Well that would make perfect sense then, if he already has a trailer he pulls.

Once again, fantastic looking job. Would make a nice parade truck! Could have a small party on that thing.

I think, Sven has a small RV also. But, we will let him speak. I think he posted pics someplace, unless I am wrong.

See photo #57 on the link he posted...Small RV trailer to the left of the truck.

Great job Sven. Like others have said, your truck still looks awesome and the RV rack just adds to the effect.

Guess Gott.

Paul

Top notch fabrication. That is beatiful. Why not a trailer?

See photo #57 on the link he posted...Small RV trailer to the left of the truck.

Great job Sven. Like others have said, your truck still looks awesome and the RV rack just adds to the effect.

Guess Gott.

Paul

Yes, Paul (Paveltolz) is right, in germany you're only allowd to pull ONE trailer, so what to do if you want to carry TWO Atv with for holidays ? Build an ATV Rack.

-----------------------------------------

That is very impressive. Great craftsmanship. What do you figure the weight is.

The weight for the rack only is about 150 Kg and one ATV is 300 Kg and the other is 200 Kg, so the total is about 650 KG ~ 1450 lbs

Looks really cool. What are the trailer balls (not the bull balls) for on the rack?

The trailerballs are the "anchor" for a portable winch to pull the ATV up on the rack.

@ALL :

Thanks for the nice comments !

Cu,
Sven

Back