• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How old were you when you got your first truck?

How old were you when you got your first truck?

• Total voters
A Datsun truck is to small to do in what you're thinking off.:nonod:
A renault rambler with fold back back rests i used to have i can asure you is a whole lot better for that:D

Where there's a will there's a way.

A saw horse is more than is needed.:agreed:

Do tell, on second thought maybe not:eek::D

No, not that kind of fun. It was a fun little truck to drive.

A Datsun truck is to small to do in what you're thinking off.:nonod:

You are correct! :D

That truck was a 5 speed, and got great fuel mileage and was just plain fun to drive. I got it with 106K on the odometer, and sold it at 143K. I did have to put on new front fenders, and completely rebuild the cab with metal (inside and out) to reinforce everything. My father worked with me on that, and taught me an awful lot about everything. I was going to buy a newer truck (3 yr old Nissan p/u with about 43K), but my father talked me out of it and advised me to buy this truck. It was some of the best advice that he could have given me at that time. It was a great experience to bond with him as I was getting older. My father was the best mechanic that I have ever known. He could fix anything and everything. :D It was owned by an old man a few miles away from where I lived, who wanted to get rid of it. He really didn't take great care of it, but didn't abuse it either. That's about it. Now get your minds out of the gutter. :D :rof:

Back on topic now.

13, a 1967 Chevy K10. Still sitting in the grove, the plan was to fix it up and have it as a DD, but lack of time got in the way of that.

My first DD was a 98 Tahoe, which I consider a truck, whether or not it can pull a 5th Wheel. Lots of fun was had in that. Got it summer 2007 @ age 15, sold it fall 2008 @ age 16.

I believe 2006, when I was (doing math in head) 15 at the time. still have it, it is the ol 91 Chevy. It is also the first vehicle I ever bought. (unless you count a lawn tractor as a vehicle! :) ) it has been really good to me, and I have not been nearly as good to it. It needs some love right now.

I wouldnt disqualify Great white's scout, they did offer them as pickups. my old man is an IH junkie, and he has two. one is a gas, the other is a late factory turbo diesel, and we know where its twin is. they are quite the rigs too, they weigh in about as much as your average 3/4 ton pickup. they are built like tanks!

and an observation about bison's first truck: quite the noble steed, she gave her last breath to get you back to home base! :thumbsup:

If you can call it a truck. 1976 Chevy Luv. That was a tiny little 4x4.

I got my first truck in 09. I was 64 at the time. yeah, yeah, yeah. I know. I love my Truck. Of course I owned (in my name) my son's first truck a VW Rabbit pickup with an NA diesel in it. It got 55 mpg. Great transportation for a wild 16 yr old. Couldn't get out of its own way. I bought my daughter an new 87 Toyota turbo truck 4x4 and she loved that truck till her brother totaled it. I have had three diesel Suburbans, the best was my 98 2500 4x4 6.5TD Southern Comfort Conversion.

Back