• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How old can diesel fuel be before it becomes unusable?

jrsavoie,

SORRY. It's MY deep/dark secret.
(Most of the structure of the 2nd floor of my little farmhouse is scavenged from the county "sanitary landfill".)

I also "scrounged" my wood stove there about 5 years ago, that was made circa 1900.
(That one, I gave money for, as I "tipped" the attendant 5.oo to help me load it in my PU.)

I'm sometimes fascinated at the things that people "pitch out" as trash.

yours, tex

I'm sometimes fascinated at the things that people "pitch out" as trash.

Have also seen what looked like perfectly good / easily repairable stuff as well. Seems like the 'good' stuff is there from a foreclosure house flipper or landlord whom just flipped renters. Possibly even a re-modeler where the owner wanted to upgrade stuff 'just-cause' and did not care what happened to the old stuff just as long as it was gone. Basically it looked like it was easier to haul the stuff to the dump rather than invest any more time to get a few $ per item.

Oh, and that is the other reason the wife usually goes along (to make sure the truck's bed is empty on the way home). ;)

Fortunately there is a business in Baltimore that takes 'old home' stuff for resale and some builders donate it to the recovery businesses rather than to the landfill. Proceeds go to charity.

JayTheCPA,

The most expensive thing that I've yet seen come out of a county landfill was a pair of golden oak china cabinets that my cousin, Robert Sterling, "scrounged" at the Franklin County dump on one afternoon in 2009.
Less than a week later, he turned down 1200.oo cash for the pair from a Dallas antique dealer.

yours, satx

Back