• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How much will it cost me to change the head or head gasket?

even though it's an old thread, I just put NEW Peninsular heads on. 1300 and shop labor was 2390 and change. That was 89 an hour and there were some parts on that cost. I supplied the heads through Peninsular. Hmm, parts. Head gasket, bolts, and incidentals. Bolts are 30 bucks and Arp studs 180 on Ebay.

:eek:
:nonod:

:hello: For that money one can buy a good running truck

I got new heads from that clearwater florida, so far no issues running 20+ pounds and 10k kms later, Was about 900$ for both and they paid shipping here and back, (back to send them my old POS cracked heads)

AFAIK Clearwater heads are Chinese.
Nuttin wrong with Chinese heads,..they are more accurate machined than stock GM.
I used 2 in my 98, got 45 thou on them no issues
I have 4 more on the shelf,...paid $200 a piece.

Studs are listed under the 6.2 from ARP. Head gaskets themselves are around $60-80

Sent from my Studio 5.0s using Tapatalk 2

Let me know if you want the studs. I usually get the best price. What are they selling for nowdays?

I have a supplier that might carry the gasket Got a part #
I'll check on the studs next.

BTW I'll be out of town til Tuesday so may not reply again til then. You can call though.

Just checked on the studs, I can probably beat Summit by $10 but I need to talk to my supplier when I get back.

Thanks Leroy. Gonna be after the first week in November for sure. Got funds squirled away for my trip to SEMA. :drive:

Back