• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How much power, and how long?

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
For all of the stock Allison owners with added power- How much more power are you running over stock and how long?

I've had a tune installed on my truck since about 3,000 miles or so. I now have 39,XXX with no problems to date. No limps (Knock on Wood :eek:).

Bullydog was turned up for the most part of the trucks life. Now I have EFI and I'm carefully running a 425RWHP tune. How is yours holding up?

I am uncarefully:D running a very similar tune to that, and with the jr. I'm having great luck. The Tq converter is hating it though.

Sorry need to get my sig up...
5 speed, LB7

5-4 down shift both times. Just passing a slow car...

My truck has 90k and some change, i've had the edge on it for bout 20-25k pretty much stays on level 5...:D. Only limped once with the edge. Tried out a bully dog tripple dog for a week and limped it twice with the crazy larry tune:doh:. Thats a long story though, don't think the trans had fully adapted to it yet.:pop2:

I have a tune on my DSP5 thats, well big. Not sure on the horsepower, and I cant dyno it because it will limp 5th and 4th and it even slipped 3rd gear a few times. Total count for limp mode is now 22.

My tranny shifts hard whether stock or not, slips all the time running even the smallest tune and it cant figure out what gear it wants since the TAPs is so messesd up from all of the destruction going on inside. So I turned the taps of for now and im beating the lving day lights out of my stock clutches because...

The SC IV and 1054 is on the way though. Thank god.

Back