• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How Many Miles on Your 6.5?

Raleigh

Reaction score
Mine turned 240,000 this weekend.
It has some blowby, but not terrible, runs great and plenty strong.

I was just curious what kind of miles other 6.5 engines are running.

I have just over 375k km's, about the same miles as yours. Same conditions and runs well.

1/4 of a million on the 93 K2500HD. better change injectors, glows, and harmonic damper if I want it to go much more.

300K on the burb, would still be running if PO didnt lock it up with shitty cooler lines.
240K or so on 96 GMC, running on 6 cylinders.

that is about it for the over 200K club here.

Just over 300000 on mymlil sweetheart but shes a 6.2 naturally asperated. Got a lil puff out the dip stick but not bad on oil usage n purrs like kitten. Knock on wood I really need her to go another 8-10000 to finish The Trip!

My 94 has 300,000 on the clock but the odometer quit and I am guessing around 350K. ALOT of heavy towing, has plenty of power still, looks like a steam engine out the oil fill hole.

My 95 has 180K on its current engine but it is getting parted out to my new '00 model thats been through 2 blocks in 49K

My 93 has 240K on the bottom end with GEP heads by GM dealer.

254,000 on mine when it blew a head gasket, but it didn't hurt anything else inside the engine. The blown head gasket was my fault due to a hot chip, higher than factory boost pressures, original gaskets and factory head bolts. Before that happened it ran great and had a little blow by.

I took the engine out and tore it down to inspect the rings and bearings. The rings were pitted and pretty much worn out, the cylinders looked great and really didn't have any ridge to speak of. The bearings looked great for 254,000 miles. They had wear showing of course, but none were showing copper yet, and definately had quite a bit of life left in them.

My old engine had 202K miles when i decided to replace it due to the glows being rotted into the heads and a big hole rotted in my passenger side manifold. Current engine had 95k miles on it when purchased, rebuilt upper end and added about 39K miles so technically 134k miles. Total of 242K on the truck currently.

My '95 started sipping coolant at 232k, couldn't see an obvious head gasket leak, so I didn't take any chances on a cracked block and or head(s). Kennedy reman has been running since, 373k - 232k = 141k. All in miles, eh!! The last 57k have been with an ATT. At 232k miles with a fresh $7k repair on a truck that probably booked at $5k... I was real nervous at every intersection for awhile if you know what I mean! But now, it's clear that was a good decision and maybe a little good luck.

214,000 on the 6.5 with some dipstick blowbye,its still runs strong. 327,000 on the 6.2 still a great running gutless wonder!

241,000 kms which is about 146,000 miles but the engine was replaced at 56,000 miles so the reality is I have about 90,000 miles on it. The joys of working 6 miles from home and the benefits of riding a m/c to work on decent days.

254,000 on mine when it blew a head gasket, but it didn't hurt anything else inside the engine. The blown head gasket was my fault due to a hot chip, higher than factory boost pressures, original gaskets and factory head bolts. Before that happened it ran great and had a little blow by.

I took the engine out and tore it down to inspect the rings and bearings. The rings were pitted and pretty much worn out, the cylinders looked great and really didn't have any ridge to speak of. The bearings looked great for 254,000 miles. They had wear showing of course, but none were showing copper yet, and definately had quite a bit of life left in them.

Just curious what engine lube oil you use, and what is your oil change interval?

Back