• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How many miles have you ridden this season?

Well since Feb 17 th I have out 9875 miles on the bike. I am in FL now on it and still have to ride it home to TN, then to San Antonio TX and back home.

However that is small miles compared to the wife, she has 22,876 on her bike since she got it Jan 31. She is in FL with me and going to TX with me, so by Thanksgiving she will have over 25K on the bike in 11 months.

I bet the brakes are good, though. It doesn't sound like she ever uses them. She just keeps going and going and going. I thought I was gonna be able to brag about our trip to support the local ABATE, but nope, our 600 miles is nothin' compared to Daves wife!

Have 20k on mine, btw Dave where at in Florida......I am in that area all the time

Have 20k on mine, btw Dave where at in Florida......I am in that area all the time

We are spending Wednesday and Thursday in Pensacola with our youngest daughter. Then Friday morning we are headed to Apalatcicola for the weekend and seafood festavale. Our neighbor from TN will be there with us. We head home Sunday. Then leave again on the bikes for San Antonio to visit a good friend.

I bet the brakes are good, though. It doesn't sound like she ever uses them. She just keeps going and going and going. I thought I was gonna be able to brag about our trip to support the local ABATE, but nope, our 600 miles is nothin' compared to Daves wife!
Believe me I catch heck from my local riding club, with my wife doing twice the miles I do. I am sure she will have over 25K on the bike before it is a year old.:eek:

Believe me I catch heck from my local riding club, with my wife doing twice the miles I do. I am sure she will have over 25K on the bike before it is a year old.:eek:

LOL!

I am going to get a street glide in a few months. We are going on a 1300 mile trip in apr. My wife seems to be rather smitten with thr new Iron 883 sporty. She just might be getting her own scoot soon. I just hope she doesn't log more miles than me! My Wide Glide just barely turned 15 k!, I'm tryin'!

LOL!

I am going to get a street glide in a few months. We are going on a 1300 mile trip in apr. My wife seems to be rather smitten with thr new Iron 883 sporty. She just might be getting her own scoot soon. I just hope she doesn't log more miles than me! My Wide Glide just barely turned 15 k!, I'm tryin'!

Street Glide will be my next motorcycle investment. ill probably look for an 09 in about 3 years. get it a little used but with all the new goodies!

Only managed to ride about 3,800 miles so far this year in Ct.
2008 Anniversary Road King Classic w/ Reinhart Trueduals, 12.5" apes, chrome controls, oil cooler,& a few other cosmetic goodies.

K

2008 Anniversary Road King Classic

Here they are

Attachments

• 2008 road king 017.jpg
    2008 road king 017.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 1
  • 2008 road king 018.jpg
    2008 road king 018.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 1
That is a saaaweeeet bike!!! I remember shopping for bikes in 08 and seeing the copper color bikes in the showroom. Man, they do look nice.

Thanks, man! It took me a little while to warm up to it (the wife liked it) but I really like it. It does turn heads when we show up for a run.

K):h

What!? No bugs on the W/S. I was not a fan of the copper/black for that year, but it does look good on the Road King. I had only seen it on the other models and did not care for it. Different story on the RK! I also like the apes on the RK. What are those about 16" ers? I have 18's on my wideglide and wish I went for the 20's. Much more comfy to stretch out than to hunch over.

Believe it or not, they are only 12.5". I am not very tall so the keep my arms out about straight. Real comfy!

Plenty of bugs on the 'shield as she sits in the garage now.

K

I probaly only have 2000 on mine this year, no work ,no money , no gas , no ride. sucks to be Me right now.

Well it's a new year :thumbsup: and we did our annual New Year's day ride to get lunch in Bay City, TX. It's the only ride I/we do in rain, sleet, snow, ice, or shine :smile5: On the plus side it was 50* and clear. :thumbsup: So I've got 240 miles for the year right now. :smile5:

Well, at years end I had put 13,137 miles on my Road Glide I got in Feb.

My wife put 26,213 on her Heritage since Jan 31.

We have no mile on the bike for 2010. This is the first time we have not ridden on New Years day. It's snowing now.

Since the new bike, I've been ride'n just about every chance I get. Turned over the 700 mile mark on the new bike last Sunday. That's not too bad in less than a month of ownership and crappy weather every other day. :thumbsup:

A few more clicks on the mercury, kill this rain and it will be on baby. :smile5:

Back