• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How many here use this stuff?

It is a good diesel additive! Many use it with no problems. It is very similar to Stanadyne! It provides a good dose of cetane boost to the fuel to make it burn more efficiently! It will keep your injectors clean too!

I have used it for a long time. Started using it in my '05 and have used it in every tank since I have had my '06. White bottle in the winter and silver bottle in the spring and summer. I use 8oz ever fill up. Some times more in the winter of the winter blend to make sure the fuel keeps from gelling. I think it works pretty well. I never have had a problem with fuel gelling since I have used it. Might even gain a MPG or two.

I use the regular Power Service all the time and throw that stuff in every once in a while.

I use it every fill up with this low sulfur fuel now.. so far so good..

I have used it for a long time. Started using it in my '05 and have used it in every tank since I have had my '06. White bottle in the winter and silver bottle in the spring and summer. I use 8oz ever fill up. Some times more in the winter of the winter blend to make sure the fuel keeps from gelling. I think it works pretty well. I never have had a problem with fuel gelling since I have used it. Might even gain a MPG or two.

Same as 12ga for me. Over 100k miles with the PS products and I'm quite pleased with the results.

I use it off and on. Try to put some in every few tankfulls. I swear the last time I put it in, my mileage seemed to go down about 2mpg. Anybody else had this happen?

I use it off and on. Try to put some in every few tankfulls. I swear the last time I put it in, my mileage seemed to go down about 2mpg. Anybody else had this happen?
Mine only goes down if I DON'T add the silver bottle... (per given same driving conditions)

Nah, never have seen it go down with adding it in the tank. I use a little more then what is needed, but it doesn't hurt either, and it seems to help. Going off of my '05 Dmax, before I started using it to after I started using it, gained around 1-1.5 mpg. Can't really go off of too much the '06 I have now, since I have used it in every tank since I bought it. I always suggest to people to use a little extra of the winter blend if you are in cold temps that time of the year. 8-10oz every fill up and I can all but put gelled fuel out of my mind all winter long.

Back