• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How many have the Random Downshift Clunk?

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
How many of you guys have the random down shift clunk? Quite annoying and sometimes it will give your head a snap...

I made a sudden stop to day, Although this is different from just the clunk, I had both the clunk and the headsnap this morning.

Haven't had that issue. Do however occasionally have a 2-1 downshift shutter when pulling into parkinglots and such. its annoying.

Had the headslap a couple of times when she really gets into it:eyebrows:....Oh yeah, the down shift clunk...Has happened a couple of times when stopping before the truck gets up to temp.

I've slapped a few heads against the back window.:D I'm surprised it hasn't broken yet. lol i guess boosted launches wit rear seat passengers isn't such a good idea. ha ha

Making sure mine wasn't fixing to grenade on me...:becky:

It seems that the truck with 2 piece shafts tehd to do it more than the one piece trucks. How many of you have the 2 piece rear drive shaft?

Back