• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How many efi vendors? I'm gonna get one for father's day/

Sparky8370

Do chickens have large talons
Reaction score
I downloaded the software last year sometime to play with and try and figure out how it works. I haven't done that, just checked out a few things. I have no clue how it works. So I want to purchase from a vendor who won't mind getting a thousand questions he's most likely already answered a million times, and answer them the same he did the first time. I was really looking into it last year and haven't even looked around lately. I know when I was looking before, there were some vendors that were including 2 or 3 tunes.

I'm looking for someone with some good lb7 tunes.
Do you need the custom OS to run the dsp switches?
If so, can you install that with v2 now, or do you need the commercial version?

We are an EFI dealer, we can probably help with some answers, but we are very new to it. Let us know if we can help.:beer:

bump

anyone?
I was going to put this in off topic or somewhere with more traffic. I think most people coming in this section may just be looking for how to's or to show what they've done. But I also need a vendor. I'd like for a few to respond so I could choose the best deal, not neccessarilly the cheapest but best deal all around.

Yeah I noticed that you had replied before me, but I had the page open before you replied so it hadn't shown up. Perfect timing I guess. I did check to see where you are located in the mean time. By area code it looks like the south eastern part of NY?

Nope, when we get some time, we will get to the dyno and come up with some decent tunes. It takes alot of time.

Call nick at duramaxtuner.com, he was very helpful and aswered all of my newbie questions. If you purchase from him you also get one year of tune library access. He has many dyno proven tunes and iirc includes a free tune with purchase. I highly recomend.

I try my best to make sure my customers are satisfied with their purchase. I'm happy to help, but I do ask my customers to take the initiative to search for their questions first, or at least wait until they have a list before they call. It's balance of customer service and research/testing.

I'm available at 507-304-0614 if you'd like to talk (have your questions ready :))

Nick

Nick is actually at the top of my list. I've seen his site and many posts. There were some tutorial vids of his I was watching that were posted here recently, as well as somewhere else a while back but now I can't find them. I thought I remembered the address, but it says the site is being updated right now. Can you give me the link to those vids so I can check them out again? I'm trying to educate myself before the purchase, but the purchase is a definite. Right now it's just finding the right vendor. I was looking around last year, but just kinda dropped it for a while.

Nick, are you the one that was offering 2 free tunes with purchase and another one if dsp5 switch was ordered? I guess that doesn't really matter if a one year membership is included, but I thought you sold that for $200 extra? Or is there a special going on right now?

Well guys I've found my vendor. Nick spent several minutes talking to me this evening. I'm going to order from his website tomorrow night. I chose Nick because of his apparently extensive experience with the product, great feedback from previous customers, and website content. I'll use those tutorials quite a bit I think.

I would also like to thank Gmclbz for his quick response to this thread. That alone was huge points with me, but in the end wasn't the only factor. There were no negative factors in this decision. Thank you for your time.

Well guys I've found my vendor. Nick spent several minutes talking to me this evening. I'm going to order from his website tomorrow night. I chose Nick because of his apparently extensive experience with the product, great feedback from previous customers, and website content. I'll use those tutorials quite a bit I think.

I would also like to thank Gmclbz for his quick response to this thread. That alone was huge points with me, but in the end wasn't the only factor. There were no negative factors in this decision. Thank you for your time.

Nick will be able to help you all the way. Sorry we can't offer more at this point, but it's better to honest.:beer:

Back