• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How Good Would These Fit On Stock Suspension?

Mad Maxx

See, what had happened was...
Reaction score
I found wheels I like that will fit my Truck. The Specs are: 24" Wheel, 9.5in Wide, 0 Offset.

The Tires are 305/35/24 Cooper Zeon LTZ's. 32.4in Tall, 12" Wide.

Would that Wheel & Tire Combo work ok on the Stock Suspension Height? Light Trimming is ok if needed.

Last edited:
Light trimming? doubt it. You have one of those air saws with the round blade? get to cuttin. Atleast get a leveling kit.

I got the Extended Bil's for the Front, so I can crank away if needed also.

I'm happy they'll fit though with little to no light trimming :)

If you cant fit them without trimming alot, crank to where you only have to trim just a little that your comfortable with.

Actually, I don't believe those tires and wheels will require a lift kit at all. In fact, they should require no more cranking of the torsion bars than would be required for LT285/75R-16 tires.

Those 305/35R-24 Cooper Zeon LTZ's are shorter in diameter, but they are 0.8" wider and have a slightly longer diagonal than the 285/75R-16 tires, which many people are using with very little trimming or lifting.

attachment.php

The only problem I see is that the ZERO offset on the new wheels will make those tires stick out 1.5" farther than the 285 tires on stock wheels would. This will very likely require further trimming on the valance panel and fender liner. A positive offset around +15 to +18 mm would tuck them in by half that much and still allow clearance to the brakes and suspension.

Attachments

• Fitment vs 285-75-16 on Stock Wheels.JPG
    Fitment vs 285-75-16 on Stock Wheels.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 79
  • Unloaded Tire Dimensions (285-75-16 vs 305-35-24).JPG
    Unloaded Tire Dimensions (285-75-16 vs 305-35-24).JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
No BlInG bLiNg here. I just think it's gonna look baddass with 24's and Low Pro Off-Road Tires. Here's what they look like:

Attachments

• ec83_1.JPG
    ec83_1.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 10
thanks for backing me up ray :D
No problem. :)
No BlInG bLiNg here. I just think it's gonna look baddass with 24's and Low Pro Off-Road Tires. Here's what they look like:
Actually, for Off-Roadin' I would want a higher profile tire myself. The higher profile would allow more "give" when hitting chuck holes and hopefully there would be less likelihood for a bent or broken wheel or damaged tire. It would also give more leeway if you want to drop tire pressures for better traction.

Here is a typical cross-section of the two tires/wheels.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Tries Cross-Section.JPG
    Tries Cross-Section.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 67
Yea, I stay On-Road everywhere I go. If I wanna go on the Beach, I need a Permit. And all the Off-Road stuff here is protected area's, and if you are caught in there, you better be ready for a reaming from EVERY Law Enforcement Agency that heard about it. DEC, Park Ranger, Town Police, Village Police, State Police, County Police, ect.... They would all jump in on the Ticket Writing, and you'd need a Suitcase to haul away all the Ticket's you'd get.

So I only stay On-Road and the toughest stuff I gotta drive through is Snow, which is easy as can be.

How is he clearing 305's when I rub with 285 I am up a crank and a half on my bars, and my valace rubs pretty heavy when I get mean off road. Just curious?

How is he clearing 305's when I rub with 285 I am up a crank and a half on my bars, and my valace rubs pretty heavy when I get mean off road. Just curious?
What kind of wheels do you have?
back spacing. has 90% of rubbing issues.
Exactly.

Back spacing combined with the wheel offset can make a HUGE difference.

Try the above link and you will see what effect the offset will have.

Have you trimmed your valence? A crank and a 1/2 isn't a lot. Most people trim the valence and crank a few turns to clear 285's...some trim more and crank less to stuff them in there.

I have 33x12.50 on 17x9 wheels which have 4.5" bs and -12 offset. I have my bars cranked all the way (7 turns) but I don't rub even bouncing around offroad in the sand dunes.

I only rub when I get mean and the suspnsion is bounding in full turn. Cranking the T-bars is not the best way of doing things I have done that in the past and have never been happy with it, I can't go with a big lift either because of the trailers nothin worse than bein ready to hook up and then realizeing you need to drop the neck on the trailer. I would recomend going with the cognito leveling kit which is what I am going to do soon that way you UCA's don't hit the frame stops.

I would recomend going with the cognito leveling kit which is what I am going to do soon that way you UCA's don't hit the frame stops.

That's what I plan on doing when my upper ball joints wear out...when that will be, who knows. My buddy had his bars maxed out on an old '94 and never replaced anything.

Back