• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How do you rewire a relay?

I am going to add a ground to the lift pump and clean all the other grounds, it is down in the 40 degree range during the day time now getting to cold to lay in the drive way and mess with it, like I said I know nothing about electrical, not sure what else to do.

I moved it to the frame rail, i am going to run one straight to the negative post of the battery and see what that does

ok I ran a ground from the black wire on the pump to the negative post of the battery cable, I still have po231, pump does not run with wait to start, when you shut the truck off the pump is running and continues to run for a few seconds, what is going on??? is there any way to tap a fuse and run it to the pump so that key on runs the pump, I need to get through winter.

Pump running on for a few seconds after shut down confirms that the lift pump circuit through the ops is functioning.Residual oil pressure causes the run on . The ops circuit parallels the ecm/relay circuit .

Fwiw, in the diagram I have for a 97 the" trigger "wire to the coil(closes switch in relay) comes from the pcm & is dark green /white .It connects to relay terminal B3 . Voltage there with key on?. The ground wire for the coil is black/white & connects to terminal A1..It grounds out on cylinder head bolt by firewall . Continuity ok in that wire ?

Back