• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

how do you rebuild injectors?

Well sir, I can't tell you about rebuilding them,, but I did talk to a diesel shop in Potterville, Mi, that said for $5 bucks they would flow and pop test them ea. I think at that time they could set the pop pressure, to at least make them all even, and balanced. Check you local listings for Diesel Injector service places. They can do the job for you, That place is located in between Lansing and Jackson. in a small podunk town. Gr Rapids has AIS, and they can do the same. Or check the bay for a place in Clearwater Fla, they are selling Brand new Bosch for $35 ea. There ya go. That's all the home work I have done. ):h

By the way, where abouts in this recession hell hole that is Mi, are you located? 15% unemployment,, Thanks :mad2: GrandMOLE!!!!

From what I understand there is at least 20 different shim thicknesses. Stanadyne sells them and perhaps others. If you rebuild hundreds of injectors you would have a good assortment. I'm going to build my own pop tester ,but i'll leave the rebuilding to the pros. Not worth it to me to buy all the shims and anything else needed.The good part about doing them yourself is that you would get the pop pressure closer than most shops are willing to. If you find a place to find supplies at a reasonable price please post. I could easily change my mind about doing them myself. Perhaps a injection business auction or gov. liquidation?

Yeah I've heard that if all the people that gave up on looking for a job, and those who's unenjoyment money has run out, After 3 extentions,, that it would be over 20%
Stupid Grandholm!

Yeah like BK said,, If I had a fleet of 6.5's I'd to do Injectors on,, I'd look a little harder into getting all the stuff, but $35 ea for New bosch is a great deal. Call them and they'll hook you up on shipping USPS Priority for a whole set under 3 bills.

rebuilding is fairly easy. The key is when you take your old injectors apart to keep the carcasses springs and shims for each injector together. Don't get them mixed up. As long as your old injectors were balanced when they were brand new then they will be pretty close. You really need a pop tester to make sure all the spray patterns are the same. There is a thread here somewhere w/ instructions on how to build one for between $35 - $50. The torque for putting the injectors back together is 43 lb ft.

I use a local shop the does only pumps and injectors.

I have taken the 6.2/6.5 injectors apart and there is not much in there but knowing what to do and having the nozzle tips, shims and other parts plus a good tester is the key.

Cost me $270 to get the set done for DaHooooley.

I wont fool around with this stuff for that price and I know that the injectors are done right.

Tips (Nozzles)
Shims
Heat shield
springs if need be.

Missy

yeah ......... I am scared to death of rebuilding an engine. I have never done it, but, rebuilding injectors and building a pop tester is the kind of project right up my alley.

If you end up building a pop tester take pics parts list and where you got every thing and do a step by step and post it here for everyone to see.

Ive built a pop tester , its just a bottle jack with some fittings and a liquid filled gauge.

is it as simply as taking one apart,, stacking the parts inline,, replacing the end nozzle, and putting it back together the same way it came apart, then pop testing the unit, and disassembling to adjust shims as nessasary, till you get them all the same psi.??

is it as simply as taking one apart,, stacking the parts inline,, replacing the end nozzle, and putting it back together the same way it came apart, then pop testing the unit, and disassembling to adjust shims as nessasary, till you get them all the same psi.??

you have to to some sanding.

Did you read this?
http://vincewaldon.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=20&Itemid=28

I just helped my neighbor rebuild the ones in his VW Diesel caddy..... it really is as easy as in the article......

Back