• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How do you pay for online purchases?

How do you pay for online purchases?

• Regular MC/Visa/Amex/Disc credit card

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • MC/Visa debit/check card

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • MC/Visa/Amex prepaid card (including ecards, gift cards)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Temp card number generated online by issuer.

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • PayPal (or other service)

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • Check Online

• Bank Transfer

• Check/MO in postal mail

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • COD

• PO / credit acct

• Other

• Total voters

CtChevy427

Still Kicking....
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score

1. Regular MC/Visa/Amex/Disc credit card
2. MC/Visa debit/check card
3. MC/Visa/Amex prepaid card (including ecards, gift cards)
4. Temp card number generated online by issuer.
5. PayPal (or other service)
6. Check Online
7. Bank Transfer
8. Check/MO in postal mail
9. COD
10. PO / credit acct
11. Other

For those that pay in more than one way this is a multiple choice poll....

Always looking for poll ideas post them HERE or send me a PM.......

paypal right now is about the cheapest to deal with. most of the prepaid cards have a $4-7 fee just to put money on them.

I use paypal wheneevr possible, 2nd option is to use my visa debit card. If anything else I won't do it.

PayPal is the first option, than its the credit card. I used to do debit, but I'm getting a little more wary of having that direct line to one of my checking accounts...

I always use a credit card (mainly Mastercard and some times Visa), even for fuel purchases. If it is a vendor I have never heard of before I will use a temporary number generated by my CC company where I can set a dollar limit and a time limit. I've used PayPal a couple of times, but I always do it through my credit card and NOT my bank account.

I pay my CC balance in full every month, so there is no additional cost to me. I like the 25+ day interest free loan I get from the credit card company. I also like the cash-back feature in my credit cards.

I have had a couple of instances where someone made fraudulent charges using my credit card number, and disputing them and getting my money back was only a phone call away. One time, someone charged $5,000 at some exotic resort in London and the CC company called me before the charges posted on my account. I had the funds credited back to my account immediately. They also canceled that CC number and I had a new card FedEx'd to me within 3 days.

I NEVER use a debit card, in fact I refuse to even have one. I've read of too many instances where people got their bank accounts cleaned out by some using their debit card number. Once they got your money it is awful hard to get it back from the crooks.

Back