• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How do you button your shirt?

How do you button your shirts?

• Bottom to Top

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Top to Bottom

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • Other (Comment)

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters

Ed HD

Formerly: Dad's 05 LLY
Reaction score
Came up with this one the other day getting dressed. How do you button your button-up shirts?

Bottom to Top
Top to Bottom
Other (Comment)

I used to do bottom to top till I kept screwing it up one day, now I start at the collar and button down. Never screw it up now!

I'm it the other category. what are the buttons your referring to.:hihi: It's been so long since I wore a shirt with them.

Once buttoned, (minus the top 'collar' button & the next one down, I leave the rest buttoned. Pull over & dont button the top two, ever. (I dont own a tie) (or a 'dress' coat either, for that matter)

I think I start near the top but in all these years I guess I never paid much attention unless I somehow wind up with one of those women's button deals with the buttons on the wrong damn side... I think that might be European style but I don't know for sure... Or care...

Women's shirts are bassackwards to men's so we can face each other and it feels the same unbuttoning the others shirt as compared to owns. Now if bra's would have been that straight forward I might have figured them out much much earlier

I start at top some shirts the bottom button is much farther down than others and lends to a mistake.

top to bottom I voted, but honestly I wear t-shirts 95 percent of the time.

I suppose farming and custom harvesting would let me get away with a white buttton up and a cowboy hat for daily sun protection, but I would still feel like a poser. :) I do need a new program for sun protection, my arms are cooked, got a pretty bad farmers tan.

I do need a new program for sun protection, my arms are cooked, got a pretty bad farmers tan.
Bullfrog gel or any of their products. I normally use the "mosquito Coast" one. I have fought melanoma for 25 years off and on. I know what works.

When I first saw this, I thought it said how do you button your skirt. I thought, it's not a skirt it's a Kilt.

Once buttoned, (minus the top 'collar' button & the next one down, I leave the rest buttoned. Pull over & dont button the top two, ever. (I dont own a tie) (or a 'dress' coat either, for that matter)

That's the way I do it. As for ties, I just loosen them and hang them with the shirt. Saves all that tieing of the tie time.

When I first saw this, I thought it said how do you button your skirt. I thought, it's not a skirt it's a Kilt.

That's the way I do it. As for ties, I just loosen them and hang them with the shirt. Saves all that tieing of the tie time.
Who wants to wear a hangman's noose on any day?

The bottom of the shirt sometimes have those extra 1 or 2 buttons. And this is only when I decide to button my shirt... :hihi:

Back