• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How did you install the a-pillar mount?

WhitetailAddict

Recruit
Reaction score
I just put the Autometer two pod A-pillar w/boost and pyro on my truck. It utilizes the factory a-pillar and spring clip. Now it wont stay up and has a 1/2" gap up to my headliner. It looks awful. I liked autometers design on the other makes, but they dropped the ball on the GM a-pillar.
How did you guys get your a-pillar to stay attached. Short of running a screw in I don't know any other way. I want it to look as factory as possible, I even had a body shop match my interior paint code to make sure it matches, and a screw will take the factory look away.

I had to put a 3 inch sheetrock screw in the top. :(

I tried everything I could think of to keep the top in. The issue is the clip will not stay on the plastic tit on the back side of the original pillar cover. Oh well. i don't notice the screw near as much as the gap...

I used a 3/8 inch wood screw to fasten the pod to the a-pillar, and then capped it with the top of the button that came with the Autometer pod. A dab of paint to match and your done.

I did not have to remove my factory a-pillar to install the gauge pod.

Thanks for the input guys. I want to use the screw as a last resort. I talked to my buddy at the body shop and he said to put the clip on the a-pillar first and then put it in. If that don't work I may try building the contact area of the a-pillar up first, put the clip on and then put it in place.

I tried putting the clip on first but the plastic tit was shot! the clip would not stay on it for more than a few minutes or the first time i drove down the drive way.
I put epoxy on it and that didn't work either.
I bent the clip to make it tighter but that didn't work.
got fed up and put the screw in it.

a guy i know attached his gauge pod pillar to the existing stock one with small screws....looks clean, and you cannot tell

The only thing I used was 3m glue. I just sprayed the glue on the stock a piller and stuck the auto meter pillar to it. Worked great.

Did autometer change the design ? My 2 guage a-pillar didn't use the spring clips and I didn't think it looked good as an overlay on the stock pillar. I wound up using a single screw at the top,the bottom stays put on its own. I used a hide-a-screw cap, like .20 cents at home depot,painted it along with the a-pillar to match. Looks good and stays secure. There is a pic of my a-pillar in my album.

Last edited:
Back