• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Horse trailer wash out with Salt Terminator? Good application or not

schiker

Reaction score
My neighbor who has a couple of nice horse trailers. One is a living quarter with 3 slant stalls? Also has a livestock trailer. Plus has nice dump trailer he uses to clean stalls and move the poop.

I was chatting with him about cleaning the horse trailer and wondered if Salt Terminator would be a good product to help wash out the corrosive waste then help protect the flooring some?

Salt Terminator is suppose to be a mild acid that cleans and then it leaves a bit of protective finish (I assume from reacting with the surface before it can corrode and leaves a bit of reaction that coats the surface kinda sorta like a patina coat of corrosion like the green stuff of copper??) ? Urine and poop are corrosive. Would it compound or help clean it out and protect the trailers?

I emailed crc and they said .....
The Salt Terminator is used as a flush to remove salt water from engine of boats and equipment that comes into contact with salt. It is not meant as a rinse for animal waste and would not neutralize or help with the corrosion on the floor.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have additional questions or concerns.

Regards,
---------------
Still kinda wonder why it wouldn't help with corrosion a little though. Since they say it's recommended for fresh water boats too?

Seen one person ask on a car detailing forum why not use salt terminator for an undercarriage rinse.

On the horse trailer I did read a tip to wash out and sprinkle baking soda under matts after dry.

Back