• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hood Stack ?

Chevy3500

Reaction score
yes i know this is illegal, but has anyone done this. I figured i need a new hood anyways why not see what it looks and sounds like , i figure i can just turn my 90 degree down pipe to put up and then cut a hole and get a hood stack kit like thisHood stack.jpg

Who cares if it is illegal, I'm all about hood stacks! They are awesome. I almost did it to mine but ran out of money last summer to do it and have never gotten back around to do it.

might want to duct tape a 2L soda bottle to your hood first, to see how it blocks visibility. try driving around like that for a couple days.

Id love just a nice clean set of turn outs for my truck, but man stack kits are expensive! Not sure my customers would like stacks pointed at their houses at 4:30am while plowing.

I helped my kid put 6" miter cut stacks on his f350 w/ 6.0 about a month ago. Surprisingly, its very quiet w/o muffler anymore. The turbo whistle is REALLY prominent now. The wife says its a piss truck now, cause it sounds like the truck is pissing all the time LOL.

I have a short video (10 sec?) On the phone, and I'd post it, but a- its a furd and b- I have now idea how to get it (or pics) from phone to here. I'm somewhat technologically impaired :)

Last edited:
If I was gonna put a pipe thru the hood, I'd do intake. Totally do away with underhood heat issues.
Custom made ram air.

Yes, I have a spare hood. Yeah, it'll probly happen!

How about some pics of these bull haulers?

There will be pics in a couple weeks. Not on yet, gotta get the tranny in so I can drive to our farm where the hot wrench is. Gonna have the wh1c and stacks utility the big ATT with spool is ready for market or maybe break in a normal ATT until then

I called the DOT in my state (SC) about 6mos ago about this very thing, they said it is legal here to do this, also OK in GA..... I am considering this due to not much room for a 4" down pipe from the turbo, haven't made up my mind yet for sure.... it would be a lot less trouble than under the truck or going outside the frame behind the left front tire for sure....

I wouldn't want all the soot raining down on my truck. Carrying around a bucket would get old too. But hey, she's your baby! :D

Well, i don't drive it much, only for towing the horse trailer, the truck only moves about 2000 miles a year, and the soot thing, don't think there is much, don't know for sure???? Just thinking is all right now....

Condensation mixing with pipe soot is my thinking, but it'll wash. Plus you're in a warmer climate, that helps.

Back