• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hood Bug Guard for '05-'07classic

12ga diesel

Jack of all, Master of none
Reaction score
Has anyone found a bug guard that looks good on the HD's with the hood that is tall in the front (started with the '05 IIRC)? I have looked at a couple and just haven't liked how any of them looked. I'm kinda in the middle about the one from GM.

Have you looked at the Lund ones yet?

I personally don't like bug guards, but if I had to pick one I'd probably go them...

I've got the GM guard. Doens't look too bad, but it does change the air flow enough that I get some rattling from the lower RH windshield molding at high speed.

I've got the GM guard. Doens't look too bad, but it does change the air flow enough that I get some rattling from the lower RH windshield molding at high speed.

I have heard that from several people. Kinda why I've shyed away from it.

i agree i had one on mine and i didn't like how it looked either. have you thought about a clear one and have it painted?

I have the Lund classic tinted plastic one and I got it installed in less than 2 minutes.

The hardware etc is excellent and i love the way it looks.

I'm in Tucson right now but when i get back in town on wednesday i'll try to get some pics..

Then thurs its off to Oregon...gotta thoroughly test the bug guarding ability right??

I have been running products made by EGR. They have been flawless so for. There a few pictures in my album.

I have been running products made by EGR. They have been flawless so for. There a few pictures in my album.

I just bought EGR all the way around- bug shield and windows.Waiting for the bug deflector but got the windows today very easy install good fit.

OK got the front bug deflector today and I am very happy.Five minute install and uses all factory holes nice and low profile with a great fit and finish(EGR).I have exceeded my photo limit otherwise I would post you a pick-oh well.

Back