• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Honda 200m Starter problems

HoytBows

Reaction score
Alright guys I didnt know where else to go with this thread but I think the starter on my trike is bad I had it apart and cleaned the brushes and put it back together and tried to start it. And it worked great for a minute. The next time i went to turn it over again it wouldnt go and started smoking. That was the original problem as well, it didnt want to turn over, but the smoke was new.

I found a site that i can get replacement parts for the starter, but i have no idea which parts i need or what went wrong with the starter since when looking at it, it seems fine.

can you put that in simple terms for me. What are the fields and windings? Whatever the issue is, its inside the starter somewhere. I have pictures of the guts of it when i had it apart if you think that will help.

fields are attached to the outside of the housing, windings are on the armature which spins inside the fields and is part of the main shaft.

sorry man this still isnt hitting home. What is a field and what is a winding, what is their purpose and what would make them not function properly. I think i might have a guess what the windings are the way you describe them but I need a little more direction...

Get a brush kit from Honda. Using the directions provided by AK, resurface the commutator and undercut as stated in fig. 6 and test the armature. Reassemble making sure it's sealed properly. They are not that hard to rebuild and I've had good luck (20-30 or so) with them lasting for years after a proper rebuild. I use to have an ATV repair business.

Back