• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Home made sleeves

Will

Boobies make me happy
Reaction score
Here are the tie rod sleeves I made. I need to machine some flat spots in for a wrench but otherwise they should work. I used the plan that Yaz has in his DP garage.

sleeves3.jpg

sleeves2.jpg

Thats the same plan I used. Mine work great. Although I am wondering why you milled the one end down so far. :confused:

not sure why you mill it at all? look good other wise. just a tip also, make sure you machine 4 wrench flats into them. more versatile that way. some with 2 you cant get a good swing of the wrench.

not sure why you mill it at all? look good other wise. just a tip also, make sure you machine 4 wrench flats into them. more versatile that way. some with 2 you cant get a good swing of the wrench.

Yeah that's the next step. Never milled any flat spots for wrenches before but if I can mill a key way I'm pretty sure I can handle this one.

I'm not sure why the plans have the threaded end getting turned down. I can't really see it being an issue though.

Great job guys... Glad it worked out for some of you that made them. Let me get my drawing and post it up here...

Last edited:
I just went off the plan. It said to turn it down to .75 so thats what I did.

The flats are supposed to be .750, not round. :rolleyes5::nonod: I think you can still make it work though. :D

Yaz_Tie_Rod_Sleeve_Rev_A_1_    copy.jpg

That way they look like this.:thumbsup:

attachment.php

Last edited:
Crap Will look at the left side of the drawing not Boobs.. lol Yes they make us all happy!

Thanks for posting it up ruffmanatv. Correct.. flats not turned all the way down...:nono:

Will, I would just mill in two more flat spots on the opposite side for your wrench to get on there to screw it on and snug it up.

Look here for what's intended in my design. Sorry for the confusion. I guess that's why a 3D drawing is always nice...

Attachments

• DCP_0821.jpg
    DCP_0821.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 22
Ah I see now.Damnit:mad2: I have some more stock that I could always make another set out of. My thought was to add the flat spots just past where I turned the sleeves down.

Back