• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

home build equipment

I never have No. But i know of an older fella who years ago built a skidder out of an old military 6X6. It had a 300 six Ford engine with two 4spd trannies and some huge transfercase. He ran chains all the way around it for extra traction. He would use it to pull out the wood and then load the wood on the back of it by hand and haul it out to his home. The last i knew he had to give up cutting wood and he was put in the nursing home. He was about 72yrs old the last i saw him cutting/hauling wood. He was from the old generation of real men who knew what work was.

I built a potato hillerlplanter, not much to look at. Its a one row deal, 2 disk gangs make the hill and I put a seat on it and a tube to drop the seed potatoes. I never use it like that. Im usualy a one man crew so I make a small hill and walk and drop the potatoes then hill over them.

I also took a old horse drawn potato digger and put a 3pt on it and fixed it up like new. I started building my own sawmill years ago but ran out of cash for it. The bearings I needed cost a fortune.

There is a dudenot far from me who has a home made loader tractor made from car parts. He has duelly truck axles on it and its a rear steer like a fork lift. He has a cab on it and pushes snow. Ive never talked to him, Id like to some day. It doesnt look factory built but he still did a great job. Im sure it has a boatload of power. Probably has a 350 in it.

I got farmshow magazine.

Show and tell please

Here is one of my creations,A 10' wide snowblade ,build from scratch for my waldon loader.

Attachments

• snow blade 001.jpg
    snow blade 001.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 25
  • snow blade 002.jpg
    snow blade 002.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 24
We like to take stuff we don't use and make it into other stuff. Last year I made the old orthman bedder into a nice sprayer for dad, and took the richardton dump wagon and cut it up. Doubled the length of the running gear and made it into a header trailer for my 930. Used the cylinders to fold a 12 row rotary hoe that we built out of an 8 and a 6 row. Took the degelman dozer made to fit the older 2wds and made the blade fit my 840 loader instead. This year I took a pull type 20 foot 7100 planter bar, cut it down to 14 feet and then welded the wings back on less the slide in tubes and added cylinders to each side.Then cut the hitch off, welded a 3 point hitch on the back side, mounted a 300 gallon tank on it. Welded tabs on and plumbed it and made it into my sprayer. Worked really nice. We use the welder and torch all the time...

Too much modifying to list!!! We're always doing something. We took a DB60 36/20 planter and changed it to a 24/30 a couple years ago. That was a long process.

Here, a 40 ton press I build a couple yrs ago.

Frame is build from an old AC cat undercarriage,the cyl i found on a scrapyard

Attachments

• DSC00800.JPG
    DSC00800.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 9
com on guys,post it.

My Posthole auger,everything painted yellow is home build but the orbit motor and the 12" auger bit

Attachments

• switch 007.jpg
    switch 007.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 1
Back