• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Holset HX40 spooling

That is a nice downpipe. I might be having one coming but I still think it would be REALLY laggy for me. Especially since I think my 12cm HX35 with only a 54mm inducer has trouble spooling sometimes. Yours spools way fast. Even faster than my HX35. But Im sure having an auto helps you. But still. Im really leaning towards running a 12cm housing on it. I checked for sure, and like Pacific said, the backing plates are different sadly.

That is a nice downpipe. I might be having one coming but I still think it would be REALLY laggy for me. Especially since I think my 12cm HX35 with only a 54mm inducer has trouble spooling sometimes. Yours spools way fast. Even faster than my HX35. But Im sure having an auto helps you. But still. Im really leaning towards running a 12cm housing on it. I checked for sure, and like Pacific said, the backing plates are different sadly.
That's too bad the backing plates are different....I would have enjoyed seeing back-to-back tests.

Real Holset. And because I dont have one, and dont have the money really for one, or the time to install it, and they don't make a T3-T3 diverter valve. My turbine flange is T3. They only make T3-T4 and T4-T4 really.

Well I went ahead today and built the hybrid. HX40 compressor wheel. Rest of it is 35. Although to avoid any machining I simply took the turbine wheel and shaft out of the 35 and put it in the 40 bearing housing and swapped my 12cm 35 housing to the 40 bearing housing as well. So if need be I can always swap back. But so far I love it. Gobs more torque down low.

Attachments

• 3540Hybrid.jpg
    3540Hybrid.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 26
Back