• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hole in the Intercooler tube

it is...on the lly's there is sufficient clearance...although ifyou had any motor work done...and the tube isnt re-installed properly, then it could happen

I just did heavy maint. work on the LBZ today and checked it. Plenty of clearance around the CAC so I guess it IS an LB7 thing. On a positive note... 63k miles and no sign of cooler line leaks or pump rub.

I have the truck into the dealer right now for injectors, I told him about the hole in the tube and that I had repaired it (however half assed for now) and Dont bother telling me how much a new one cost. I think that with tube pushed all the way into the hoses and the clamps tightened it has clearance. Mine had the injectors replaced at 30K miles so I wonder if the tec's didnt get it back into position when they re-installed it.

I have the truck into the dealer right now for injectors, I told him about the hole in the tube and that I had repaired it (however half assed for now) and Dont bother telling me how much a new one cost. I think that with tube pushed all the way into the hoses and the clamps tightened it has clearance. Mine had the injectors replaced at 30K miles so I wonder if the tec's didnt get it back into position when they re-installed it.
Thats what I've bee saying...but who knows.

Back