• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hit a Deer!

jmiller

Recruit
Reaction score
Was riding home from a neuroblastoma motorcycle rally yesterday. Riding in the country west of Kankakee, Il, when a fawn jumped out in from of me. Fortunately I not make a square hit. I was able slow enough to just grazed the deer.

Few hairs, cracked fiberglass, and missing vent piece are the damage. Other than getting scared, I'm fine. It could have been much worse.

picture.php

Glad to hear you are safe and in good health John. Sure did cut it close if you lived to tell about it AND have some hair stuck in the bike! Again, glad you are okay.

Thanks, guys.

A little slower on the brakes and it would have been a square on mid torso hit! That would have made for a real mess.

Now I have to seen if I can find any parts or not. These old bikes can be a bare to find body work for.

Glad you made it through I smacked a deer years ago but I spent a couple a weeks in ICU but the biks was ok still riding it today. Get back on the horse.

Hitting a deer with a car or truck is scary enough. I could not imagine what it would be like on a bike seeing one in front of you. I would have needed to change my pants after that. Glad you made it through in one piece......

Glad you made it through I smacked a deer years ago but I spent a couple a weeks in ICU but the biks was ok still riding it today. Get back on the horse.

Thoughts of a hospital bed had flashed through my mind as the deer went by. The irony of discussing wrecks with a co worker and wearing a motorcycle jacket on Friday. I've been relying on my Carhart for protection. Even though it was pretty hot, I was wearing it. Canvas is no substitute for Kevlar!

I had another 100 miles to get home. Had no choice but to keep riding the horse.

Hitting a deer with a car or truck is scary enough. I could not imagine what it would be like on a bike seeing one in front of you. I would have needed to change my pants after that. Glad you made it through in one piece......

I rolled a Toyota after hitting a buck one winter. Fortunately after this encounter, no shards in the pants, must have puckered up too much! :yikes:

I've never hit anything but come real close to a BIG porcupine one night, pucker is right.

Glad you made it ok - hit a buck last night on the way home from work - $3300 damage - first time I've seen an estimate with parts more than labor! Bad enough seeing it happen to myself in my truck - can't imagine on a bike!!!

Back