• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

High Idle

Matt C

Recruit
Reaction score
Hey guys, Im sorta new to the duramax world, finally got one! Anyway i want to do the High Idle mod on my LLY. Went to the dealer and got a pin for the ECM but it's the wrong one. The one they gave me turns out to be the same as the pin's i already had from a LB7 i did high idle on. The part number is 12084913. Does anyone have the correct part number for the LLY? I searched this site and the old site and didn't come up with anything. Thanks

Do you have steering wheel controls?

LLY's all came with high idle so I don't think you need to anything other than engage it. If you have a manual in the glove box, it should be in there.

My 04.5 LLY had steering wheel controls where I could turn it on and off right off the wheel.

It has the elevated idle for when it's really cold out, but i want to hook it up so i can speed it up when i want. Pin 6 on the bottom connector of the ECM is for PTO, push set on the cruise and it will go up to 1150 RPM, resume goes to 1700 RPM i think. Max power did a write up on this at the other place a few years back.

I see. Ben, (Duratothemax) has this down to a science. I'll see if I can get a hold of him.

It has the elevated idle for when it's really cold out, but i want to hook it up so i can speed it up when i want. Pin 6 on the bottom connector of the ECM is for PTO, push set on the cruise and it will go up to 1150 RPM, resume goes to 1700 RPM i think. Max power did a write up on this at the other place a few years back.

Your right. I'll see if I can dig up the PIN #'s for you. I don't think it's the same for the LLY from the LBZ.

Just a update I did find the pin's using a delphi part number. My local dealer couldn't find them but i found a place online that sells them. Got it all hooked up, works awesome. Biggest challenge was finding a place to get through the firewall, but all in all it took about a hour to do it.

It was mouser electronics i think. Im at work right now when i get home tonight i'll post the site and the part number. They were 36 cents a piece, cost more to ship then that!

Back