• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

HID's in fogs

lovemyhd

Reaction score
After installing the HID's in the headlights, the fog lights looked like crap! So ordered the HID light kit for the fogs, installed them today, and it seems like they are way too bright! It's like driving with hi-beams on....they light up the whole neighborhood....trees, houses, everything! I'm guessing its because theres no shield in front of the bulb like there is on the headlights. What did you guys do to fix the problem?
They are the same as the headlights.....50W/4300K

I got 35w 4300k in my Fogs and it's UBER Bright. I can't imagine it with 55w in there.

Me too. Mine are awesome and I dont get flashed. I dont know why you'd get flood lights unless you have a GMC because those housings are different and will give a different effect than Silverado's.

On edit, I think you do have a green Silverado if I remember right...55's may be too much for those housings.

Yea, the Cutoff on the Silverado Lights have a nice defined line. Almost like a Projector, but not as sharp.

Don't sell them, keep them.

Please tell me you re-adjusted the Lights after the HID Install.

95% of people that complain about their lights are doing it because they are not adjusted correctly.

Don't sell them, keep them.

Please tell me you re-adjusted the Lights after the HID Install.

95% of people that complain about their lights are doing it because they are not adjusted correctly.

I'd love to tell you that........but guess what......:D
I didnt adjust the headlights and they are perfect, i guess I'll wait til dark and mess with the fogs. Why dont i ever think of these things BEFORE i post? lol :mad2:

I'd love to tell you that........but guess what......:D
I didnt adjust the headlights and they are perfect, i guess I'll wait til dark and mess with the fogs. Why dont i ever think of these things BEFORE i post? lol :mad2:

Ahhh see!! Get out there and adjust them and I bet you'll like 'em! :thumbsup:

I do see that the silverado style housing is better defined as far as the cutoff line.
I have the GMC myself and although it works, they do seem to act as a flood light.
At least for me I installed the 3200k HID so they are yellow. Not quite as bad as the 5300k would be.

Theres no clear line at all. They are pretty much like flood lights. They are even adjusted all the way down

Back