• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hi everybody!

BPley

Reaction score
hello everyone, my name is Brandon, and I come from Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada

i bought my truck in March or April 2013 with the intended use of a mix between daily drive, camping trailer hauler, dirt bike hauler (sometimes multiple dirt bikes, or a quad on occasion)

day to day stuff is mostly a 10 minute drive to work in the morning, and a 6 minute drive home in the evening (morning traffic in grande prairie is horrid)

camping i will go anywhere, but prefer woods camping, not much for paved camp sites lol. the farther into the bush, the happier i am.

dirt biking is the same, anywhere from just outside of town, to 300kms straight in to the bush.

i bought a 98 k2500 ECSB Cheyenne 6.5L TD, its the tan/grey/gold color depending on who you ask, and it has an NV4500 and 3.73 gears. PO installed a turbomaster, and mounted the pmd on the intake. i believe that is all, he also let the baldest tires ever go along with the truck, so the first thing i did was swap tires from my old truck (98 k1500 ecsb z71 5.7L). bought with 227,000kms - currently has 234,000kms.

body was solid, a few nicks and scratches and little dents, but not really any rust, even underneath, which is rare in my town.

so thats essentially my story for now.

hope to meet all the great people on here

will get some pics up on this thread tomorrow for you folks. its dark out, and i have a terrible setup to get pics, i use my work phone to take pics, then email to my tablet, upload to photobucket, then post on computer or tablet the photos lol

Nice! I thought my eyes were decieving me about the short bed. Had to go read your dicription again. Thats cool and very rare.

I love this truck, like I said above I had the 98 k1500 z71 before, and I loved it, but not practical for towing the camping trailer...

I looked for a long long long time to find the 6.5L w/ NV4500 behind it, and once I found this truck I fell in love. And I would buy another. I think if I found a k3500 cclb w/ NV4500 I would buy it instantly. Not that I need the 1 ton, but I love the look of the duallys on the OBS

They are great, way better than stock by a mile. Folded down they look OK, but folded out I agree they look wierd, but its normally only for a short time and they are so usefull when you need them. It worth being ugly while towing:smile5:

have you tried the GMT900 style mirrors you can get now adays?

i wanted to go that route, due to the looks, but apparantly they are pretty shakey on the highway :(

dodge mirrors shaky at speed? or do they hold firm?

Maybe it was gmt800 style lol, but yes those are identical to what I was referencing

I usually go with function over fashion... But mirrors need to look good lol

I've sat in that truck, its a clean smooth running truck. I wish mine were that smooth sounding.

ECSB K2500 w/ NV4500 is a rare option. Hold on to that jewel!

Welcome!

Hope to keep this in the stable forever lol. There is very little value for this truck in my town, everybody has way too much money and they all drive brand new everything, so I probably wouldn't even be able to get my money back out of it. The truck was listed for 4 months before I bought it lol.

One day I would love to do a big tear down and rebuild on the entire thing.. But that will be far in the future.

I will get some more pics tomorrow maybe, pretty much stock tho..

Fix oil leaks and make it reliable.

Then hopefully body repair / maintenance

Then power

They are much better than stock also. Dont really have any bad shaking on them. If you get interested in a set let me know. I can still get them in a manual or power with heat and marker light.

Back